When Rock&Roll Finds God. . .

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Tue May 14, 2002 8:10 am

I still think that in a battle of the underrated cheap beers, Pabst wins, hands down.

Speeking of Creed......Did anybody hear the segment on Howard Stern today regarding Stained (sp? Is that how they spell it or do they have some tricky spelling?). They played a live clip of Stained covering a Pearl Jam song. Proof finally that all these poser bands all whack-off to posters of Eddy Veder.

Creed was the new STP. Now Stained is the new Creed.

F*ck god!

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Tue May 14, 2002 8:29 am

Pabts wins the battle of cans. It's between High Life and Old Style for the bottle battle.

As far as masturbation and Eddie Vedder posters, what ever happened to Days of the New and Seven Mary Three? Actually, what ever happened to Pearl Jam? Have they been heard from since the released the 86+ shows on CD?

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Tue May 14, 2002 10:01 am

But since Pabst wins the battle of cans *and* tastes better on draft, Pabst is truly the Blue Ribbon winner among shit beers.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Tue May 14, 2002 10:03 am

I believe that Binaural was their last LP release (2000).

Embryonic

Postby Embryonic » Wed May 15, 2002 8:32 am

Remember the movie "Sixteen Candles" with Molly Ringwald? Well, at the big blow out party at rich guy (and love of Samantha's life) Jake Ryan's house, everyone is drinking Old Style. Didn't that movie take place in the suburbs of Chicago, though? On another note, I've had an Old Style in Kentucky - although I'm not really sure if that's something to be proud of.

Proptronics

Postby Proptronics » Wed May 15, 2002 8:56 am

Do they have Old Style in Mundania? If not, I'm not coming to visit.

Embryonic

Postby Embryonic » Wed May 15, 2002 10:28 am

You live in Grand Rapids. You're already in Mundania babe!

Proptronics

Postby Proptronics » Wed May 15, 2002 10:45 am

I'm on to you Embryonic!

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Wed May 15, 2002 10:49 am

yeah, "sixteen candles" along with almost all of the other john hughes movies are based in or around chicago.

as for the beer... old style is known as being chicago's beer, though it was originally brewed in lacrosse wisconsin by g. heilman brewing company. in 1996 they filed for bankruptcy and were purchased by stroh's. in turn, stroh's turned around and sold it's assests to miller and pabst and opted to become a player in the real estate market. so, now pabst and miller split the brands of associated with the companies... pabst got the following... g. heilman (old style, schlitz, blatz, grain belt, etc.), stroh's brands (stroh's, black label, altes, colt 45, lone star, etc.), and of course pabst brands (pabst, shcaffer, etc.). and miller picked up from stroh's (henry weinhard's and mickeys).

so, is pabst or old style better? it's really subjective. for me, it's pabst hands down, unless i'm at wrigley or comiskey, then it's only old style.

and is old style only available mostly in the midwest? well, i gather not for long. especially if the brand is going to be owned by a texas company with breweries all over the united states.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitas on 2002-05-15 15:05 ]</font>

erin

Postby erin » Wed May 15, 2002 2:46 pm

NO! It's sold in Colorado!

Return to “Rants and Raves”