Black Crows' Rich Robinson stream and tour dates

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Black Crows' Rich Robinson stream and tour dates

Post by Jake »

RICH ROBINSON
PAPER

Enemy - http://www.richrobinson.net/audio/rr-paper-02-enemy.ram

9/16/04 Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance
9/17/04 Providence, RI @ The Call
9/18/04 Portland, ME @ Big Easy Blues
9/19/04 Hartford, CT @ Webster Theater
9/21/04 Asbury Park, NJ @ The Stone Pony
9/22/04 New York, NY @ Hiro Ballroom, Maritime Hotel
9/24/04 Philadelphia, PA @ NXNW
9/25/04 Vienna, VA @ Jammin Java
9/26/04 Baltimore, MD @ The Funk Box
9/28/04 Detroit, MI @ The Magic Bag
9/29/04 Cinncinatti, OH @ 20th Century Theatre
9/30/04 Bloomington, IN @ Uncle Fester's
10/2/04 Rockford, IL @ Kryptonite
10/3/04 Chicago, IL @ Double Door
10/4/04 Milwaukee, WI @ Shank Hall
10/5/04 Minneapolis, MN @ Ascot Room @ The Quest
10/8/04 Urbana, IL @ Canopy Theatre

RICH ROBINSON
PAPER
(Key Hole Records)

"I named the album Paper because this is all a blank sheet of paper to me; it's fragile and newŠFor 15 years I wrote for Chris' voice, but this is for me."
--RICH ROBINSON

After spending years as the Black Crowes' acclaimed guitarist-songwriter, RICH ROBINSON takes center stage with the release of his solo debut PAPER, out August 24 on Key Hole Records. In addition to singing all of the lead and background vocals for the first time in his career, ROBINSON played all of the guitars and bass parts while contributing percussion and keyboard parts to PAPER. The musician also wrote all of the music and lyrics that were "written over the past three and a half years about my life. I would write music and have a melody in mind," he explains, "and then I would write lyrics around the music and how it made me feel."

Recorded in New York City, the self-produced 14-track album comes out swinging with the riff-rock powerhouse "Yesterday I Saw You" and the distortion-soaked strut of "Enemy." From there, PAPER effortlessly stretches out into psychedelic rock ("Places"), adoring, dulcimer-laced sounds ("When You Will") and mid-tempo ballads ("Forgiven Song"). Throughout, ROBINSON's signature guitar tones and textures balance his fluid harmonies with and free-spirited arrangements.

"I love the song 'Leave it alone'," says ROBINSON about one of the album's highlights. "It was the first song that I wrote knowing that I was going to sing the lyrics. It wasn't more personal, but it really got me thinking of melodies that were good for my voice."

Sticking with the do-it-yourself theme, ROBINSON has also created the album cover art. "The cover of the album is an oil on canvas painting of mineŠI've been painting off and on for 12 to 13 years."