24 Hour Second City Event with Jeff Tweedy, Robbi Fulks...

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

24 Hour Second City Event with Jeff Tweedy, Robbi Fulks...

Post by D. Phillips »

The Second City Improvises 24 Straight Hours To Raise Money For Letters To Santa

The Second City in conjunction with andnowforthekicker is proud to
announce a very special benefit event The Second City That Never
Sleeps: Letters To Santa - 24 hours of improvisation by Second City alumni and guests that will raise money to provide holiday gifts for needy
families on Tuesday December 17, 2002 at 7:30pm at The Second City e.t.c. (1608 N Wells.) Tickets will cost $10 and will be available at the door, the night (and following day) of the show. No advance tickets are
available.

Second City first used the 24 hour improv model in the spring when it
raised money for the north side Chicago homeless shelter, REST. It was
quite successful and we will take a stab at it again this year. As with
the first improv marathon, the same small group of improvisors will
take the stage for the entire 24 hours. They will be playing improvisational games, long-form scenes, monologues, and anything else to keep them awake. This group of Second City improvisors will be supported by hourly appearances by other well-known Chicago improvisors and local "celebrities" who will share stories or possibly play songs to inspire the improvisation. Confirmed cast members include current Second City performers Andy Cobb and Keegan-Michael Key, as well as alumni TJ Jagodowski, Mick Napier and Rebecca Sohn. Confirmed storytellers include:

Wilco's, Jeff Tweedy; Robbie Fulks' Robbie Fulks,; Recording Engineer
and Musician, Steve Albini; NPR's host of This American Life, Ira Glass; NPR's host of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Peter Sagal; Bravo television host and author Bill Zehme

The show will begin at 7:30pm on Tuesday December 17, 2002 and will end at 7:30pm on Wednesday December 18, 2002. The admission price of $10 will guarantee you entry to the event for the entire 24 hours. Creative and typical raffle prizes will also be available during the event.
For more information please contact me at the numbers listed above. You
can also check out Second City's website at www.secondcity.com.
Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by Jiggle Billy »

did anyone get any sort of bootleg of this show...i know in order to get the whole thing, it would take lots of boots & lots of legs, but i was just wondering