Hayseed Dixie shouts it out loud with a tribute to Kiss.

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

mountainboy

Hayseed Dixie shouts it out loud with a tribute to Kiss.

Post by mountainboy »

Hayseed Dixie is this band of acoustic musicians from Tennessee that puts a pretty cool twist on their own renditions of Kiss songs. Their album Kiss My Grass has a heart-wrenching version of "Cold Gin," the confident, cocksure delivery of "Lick It Up" and other timeless Kiss tunes including "Calling Dr. Love," "Detroit Rock City," and "Heaven’s On Fire."
The boys of Hayseed Dixie: Barley Scotch, Enus Younger, Talcum Younger, and Mutt Twang recorded a previous tribute album to AC/DC. In fact, the members of AC/DC liked their acoustic bluegrass sounds enough for bassist Cliff Williams to invite the band to play at a tour-wrap party. He even joined them onstage to play bass on "Have a Drink On Me."
Check out ‘Detroit Rock City’ from Kiss My Grass (due out on 2/18/03) at mp3.com: http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/524/hayseed_dixie.html
Joshua
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Joshua »

I heard them on NPR a while back, regarding the AC/DC album. It was really, really cool. I'm sure the KISS album is fascinating.

Hayseed

Post by Guest »

Ya know....It's bad enough that the record and cd bins are overflowing with garbage, that yet again someone has to to come out with another cross-genre tribute album. As if Kiss were ever that great of a rock band to begin with, now they've been recreated as an 'oh, so funny' country/bluegrass/whatever band. The joke's on whomever would shell out the dough to patronize such a lame-ass attempt to sell some cd's. Besides haven't there been at least two other Kiss tributes in the last ten years? If you can't write any of your own quality material, please don't clog up the racks with your mung.