THIS SATURDAY at Chicago's Viaduct Theater: Lisboa (Detroit)

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

LastAlleyProductions

THIS SATURDAY at Chicago's Viaduct Theater: Lisboa (Detroit)

Post by LastAlleyProductions »

Saturday October 15th 2005

LISBOA
with The Lavellas and The Tallest

Press for Detroit's Lisboa:

"Rave reviews are streaming in for this Detroit quartet's smash-up of shiny power pop and grimy post-punk. A band to keep your ears on." - Detroit Free Press

"My fingers are crossed that LISBOA somehow sparks off a trend of smart, well-written, catchy, dirty guitar-pop in the Detroit music scene. I simply cannot find enough good things to say about this CD. Don't let this be the best release you haven't heard this year - recommended, and then some." - Delusions of Adequacy

"Simply put, Lisboa is a band with a keen sensibility for laying down catchy pop hooks in a heavier context. These guys have hella potential, so get this bad boy [Either Origami] before the majors re-release it." - Real Detroit Weekly

"Either Origami continues to merge musical complexity with catchy hooks and thoughtful lyrics. The artist now known as Joe Lisboa's emotive vocal strain and talent for complex melody does an even better job of capturing feeling than it did before, and each track still manages incorporate tons of influences." - CURRENT

"I'll be damned if listening to Lisboa isn't my idea of fun. ... their record just drips with fun, which is pretty much the first and last thing that I look for in a great punk rock record. ... way, way above par. I encourage you to check this record out because it's bound to blow a lot of stuff right off of your stereo." - Deep Fry Bonanza

"Entrenched in the Detroit power-pop camp frequented by the likes of the Waxwings, Lisboa's sound is anything but sparse. Jingle-jangle, six-string melodies and stories flow throughout the group's EP, "Either Origami." The band is on target, playing last year's Hamtramck Blowout with Hot Hot Heat and opening for big names such as the Weakerthans and Ultimate Fakebook." - Detroit Free Press

"Given their collective garage-punk-brassy-tour-heavy background, Lisboa had the ingredients for . . . wait, did I say brassy? How did that fit in? Easy. Take a listen ... it will slip in nicely next to the Posies, the Replacements, and anything else with a sweet hook." - Action Man Magazine

9:30pm doors - 10:00pm show - 21+

Viaduct Theater 3111 N. Western Chicago IL

www.LastAlley.com