If you're going to be in Richmond, VA Wednesday night...

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

If you're going to be in Richmond, VA Wednesday night...

Post by steve-o »

...my condolences. But since you're already here, come see 3 awesome bands:

Nanci Raygun
929 W. Grace St.
Show starts at @ 10 PM

Ceremony: featuring former members of Skywave, seminal East Coast shoegaze band. Ceremony is probably even better. Think walls of feedback ala Jesus and Mary Chain meets Disintegration-era Cure. Seriously, this band is probably one of the best bands I've seen all year.

That Sad Lives of the Hollywood Lovers, making a stop mid-tour stop in Richmond. Their own apt description reads: "The Sad Lives Of The Hollywood Lovers is a Virginia based group that infuses new sounds and old styles with an original pop sensibility that will make Molly Ringwald dance her way out of detention." You can tell they listen to a lot of Depeche Mode but still know how to rock. Sad Lives is an extremely tight and unbelievably good band.

Finally, Richmond's own Grayland, for everyone who felt that early 90s Shoegaze never really died. Think the walls of sound of My Bloody Valentine, the catchiness of Ride, and the lush atmosphere of Slowdive, but with an original sound all their own.

It's set to be a great show, so hope to see you there.