Godspeed! You Black Emperor

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Godspeed! You Black Emperor

Post by Jiggle Billy »

Monday March 4, Philadelphia PA
Starlight Ballroom

I'm taping, so if anyone wants a tape, let me know.

more info:
http://www.southern.com/southern/tour/GDSPD
Blue Blister
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Blue Blister »

I'm gonna see them in Dallas!!!!
Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by Jiggle Billy »

it was a good show, a little shorter than i would have guessed, and everyone was sitting on the floor and not dancing... weird crowd, but solid 90 minute set.
pretty like drugs

Post by pretty like drugs »

i hope to see them in cinci
Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by Jiggle Billy »

my tape came out very well, if anyone's interested in an SHN disc trade, PM me.
Blue Blister
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Blue Blister »

two hour set at the show i went to...nobody was sitting...fucking amazing band
Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by Jiggle Billy »

fuckin' philly, man. EVERYONE was sitting, like jerks.
Phineas
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Phineas »

I saw 'em at the Metro in Chicago in 2000 and almost fell asleep. Not to get off topic, but what's the fuckin' appeal? When they're not boring me to death, they drive me up a goddamn wall. Not to mention the oh-so-edgy little films they play on the backdrop of the stage. Sorry, don't mean to rant, but I'm embarassed I ever paid for the privilege of seeing these guys while I was sober.
pogomockingbird
GLONO Board Playa

Post by pogomockingbird »

Blue Blister wrote:two hour set at the show i went to...nobody was sitting...fucking amazing band
That's all? Details, we want details! ;) My bro went to see them in Houston, and said that some of the band members came out into the crowd with hand-held percussives?

BTW, Blue Blister, how was the Cat Power show?
Blue Blister
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Blue Blister »

pogomockingbird wrote:
Blue Blister wrote:two hour set at the show i went to...nobody was sitting...fucking amazing band
That's all? Details, we want details! ;) My bro went to see them in Houston, and said that some of the band members came out into the crowd with hand-held percussives?

BTW, Blue Blister, how was the Cat Power show?

Ok, fine...Bardo Pond opened and played a good 45 minute set. Awesome band btw, ya'll should check 'em out. Then GY!BE came out and played solid for two hours...super 8 footage was projected on the wall behind them. I think they like the stage to have very little lighting because i was talking to a girl who has seen them before, except when she saw them the stage was pitch black and all you could see was a cigarette cherry every once and a while. Anywho, It was an amazing set...playing stuff from every album. Then they did a 20 minute encore (one song obviously). I thought I was gonna piss myself in awe of these guys. The albums really don't do them justice.

Now, about cat power. CALLA OPENED!!!!!!!!! OMG, THEY ROXORS MY BOXORS. Anyway, Cat Power played for maybe an hour and a half (all one set, no encore). The first part of the set (consisting mostly of stuff off of "You Are Free" and "What Would The Community Think") featured a full band. That lasted maybe 30 min. Then Chan played lots of stuff from "Moon Pix" and "You Are Free" alternating between guitar and piano as she saw fit. She was having a lot of trouble with the acoustics (which kinda bothered me too...really heavy on the high end making the "s" sounds all crackly...or as she sang it "crackly crackly crappy crappy crappy....") All in all it was a good show. The sound was kinda iffy, and she apologized profusely for that. It was really cool how she interacts with the audience. And she talks just like she sings :)