New Del the Funky Homosapien

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Jake
GLONO Team Member

New Del the Funky Homosapien

Post by Jake »

DEL THE FUNKY HOMOSAPIEN TO BLESS THE WORLD WITH "FUNKMAN" OUT THIS APRIL

THE PRESIDENT OF FUNK ADDRESSES THE NATION & UNVEILS HIS 13 POINT STIMULUS PACKAGE WHILE ON TOUR NEXT MONTH - GIVES "FUNKMAN" FOR FREE BACK TO THE PEOPLE:

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed>

SIGHTINGS OF DELTRON ZERO ON THE HORIZON!

Del is set to introduce his 13-point "Stimulus Package" to the masses through the saving grace of "Funkman" out on April 7th 2009. His plan is to revive "the public at large" that is "over the whole rap era", as Del puts it. Del is digging deep this time around and giving directly back to the people in order to make the future of hip hop a more prosperous place. His recovery effort will lend the entire album up for free for download to rescue those seeking salvation from these broken and misleading days of rap music - and more importantly, funk! Get your piece of the package at delthefunkyhomosapien.bandcamp.com on the release date. As an added bonus, Del has released the leak pack series volume's 1 & 2 (both available for free download on his site!) in the meantime, previewing his plan for the greater good of hip hop during this recession of funk.

Del's most recent album, "Eleventh Hour", ended a long absence for Del the Funky Homosapien, one of the world's most uniquely brilliant rap artists. It was classic material, full of lyrical twists and turns, forthright yet deeply subtle and metaphorical in its exploration of life in the Bay Area. It was a triumphant return for one of the pioneers of underground hip-hop culture. With "Funkman" Del takes his music theory and picks up where he left off in 2000 - but with more knowledge of technology and music. Del is taking his knowledge of hip hop and reworking music his way, because there really aren't too many people doing that these days according to Del. "It's going to be sometime before any sensation captures people's interest on a whole again like Hip Hop did," says Del, " I could be wrong, but I'm letting people know they need to mess with me in the meantime. People are jaded that's all, and I don't blame them - things come to the head, places switching, it's a crazy trip!"

Since 1990, when he made his auspicious debut on cousin Ice Cube's classic "Amerikkka's Most Wanted", Del the Funky Homosapien has set the benchmark for advanced rap lyricism. His output for Elektra Records --1990's "I Wish My Brother George Was Here", 1993's "No Need for Alarm", and "Future Development" (shelved at the time, and later released on Hiero Imperium) - was hugely influential, laying a foundation for countless other MCs to follow. At the dawn of the century, Del was incredibly active. His 1999 album, "Both Sides of the Brains", sold in excess of 100,000 copies. "Deltron 3030", a science-fiction adventure he orchestrated with producer/auteur Dan "the Automator" Nakamura (Dr. Octagon, Handsome Boy Modeling School) and visionary Canadian turntablist Kid Koala in 2000, also sold over 100,000 units and became a fan favorite. Catch the legendary emcee / producer on tour this spring.

"FUNKMAN TOUR"

4/08 San Luis Obispo, CA - SLO Brew
4/09 Pomona, CA - Glass House
4/10 San Diego, CA - Canes
4/11 Phoenix, AZ - Marquee
4/12 Tucson, AZ - Club Congress (early)
4/13 Flagstaff, AZ - Green Room
4/14 Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater
4/16 San Antonio, TX - Warehouse Live
4/17 Dallas, TX - Granada
4/18 Austin, TX - Emo's Outside
4/20 Baton Rouge, LA - Spanish Moon