Get well soon, Pete Libertine

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Get well soon, Pete Libertine

Postby Jake » Tue May 18, 2004 7:29 am

Libertines' Pete Doherty on suicide watch in rehab. Fortunately, they've already recorded a "sensational" second album. Let's hope they stick around to make many more...

From the Babyshambles forum (which attempts to install terrible spyware on your machine so I'm not linking to it):

still on suicide watch
May 18 2004 at 7:46 AM Anonymous (Login heavyhorse)
babyshambles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

which is '10 minutes obs' which is '10 minutes observations'. Not sure why.

Evidence of self harm upon my skinny person (circa dlbits totps era when I tried to gauge out 'Libertine' from my arm, and of course the infamous 'can't stand me now reality check Brixton chest slicing bonanza when Biggles sang 'can't stand you now' with such conviction it was enough to send me so far over the edge I could see the wizadry of freckles on the back of my back's back) but nothing could be further from my mind as I awake brighter tailed and bushier eyed than I have done for many a year. Yes children the deleriums and catawailings are giving in to well, Peter Doherty, whoever the fuck that may be.

Nursey still unstill rippled ducky pond afloat paddle pout general urge to go bathing in Hampstead pools. A few weeks yet. Today I'm definately steadier on my feet and shall have a little exploration of this clean place which is probably full of celebrities in towelling robes. Enough to make anyone give up crack and smack. Might even try a few press-ups.... er, yeah 17 should suffice for now. NURSE! where's my applejuice and coffee and biscuit like on the poster....

Now then what about a little roll up and a cup o' tea. Can't be bad. Just shut the door so nursey doesn'tsee. Still on heavy detox tablature. Now then, I do beleive I had a few visitors yesterday. Chev, my stalwart partner in crime and arcadian nourishment, we embraced`teary like late last night as he arrived just in time to be chucked out. probably e'ninstandard`van rubber tyre squeaky burn-upsqueaks all around the forecourt.

Also my sister came, rather unfortunate timing on AmyJo's part as I was er, being comforted by well, my fiance I suppose. You wouldn't beleive me if I told you I was starting a family of six with a french/eastern european lass in a pair of slide on bunny ears and felt boots. But that's just how these things work out.. and just when I was getting confused about being here. Also kimberleena, delaneygirl and jaffahockygirl who all posed as my sisters and ended up stealing my plastic dinner tray and getting chased by a man in a towel from up the corridor. Serves them right, cheeky blighters.

I may venture out of the small vacinity I've thus far been too zonked out to leave, but I've decided to give this crackless life a crack so adieu... a stroll around the grounds is in order. love to the Kirstys, me mum, and where's pandy?
xbilo

This message has been edited by heavyhorse on May 18, 2004 7:58 AM

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue May 18, 2004 7:36 am

In his previous post, Pete wrote:

come away, won't you come away, we'll go to.. hosptial?
May 16 2004 at 6:19 PM Anonymous (Login heavyhorse)
babyshambles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

very deranged and murky recollection of the last few days. a gaggle of nurses aroung my crinkly bed, they all jump as I wake up and yelp something about jelly..then I notice a needle sticking out of my arm and spots of blood. what the fuck is going on ? vomit and shreiks,\ some girl warbling down the corridor in a towel.\ have so many dayd past, what has happenned. A t leastmy laptop is here still. the only one who ever stood by me

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Tue May 18, 2004 10:56 am

Obviously I hope Pete gets help, but on a music-related note, will someone explain what's so fascinating about the Libertines? I'll take The Hives over them anyday. I bought Up the Bracket due to all the hype, and it's a good album, but hardly the stuff everyone makes it out to be. To each his own...

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue May 18, 2004 11:19 am

It's one of my favorite albums. I love how melodic it is combined with how chaotic it is. It just sounds like they're tearing the shit out of their really well-written songs. I love it. Both Carl and Pete's voices are awesome. The lyrics are great. The guitar tones are perfect. Really, it's one of my favorite records of the past couple of years. It's got a couple of weak points, but overall, it's a great album.

Plus, it reminds me of what I love about the Clash, so maybe I'm just a sucker...

joe

Postby joe » Tue May 18, 2004 5:40 pm

the libertines are the greatest band in existence. up the bracket is the best album of this century so far. unbelievable. takes a while to get into like all the great things but the amount of enjoyment it gives is astounding. only hope they can match it with the second album.

joe.

raw power

Postby raw power » Tue May 18, 2004 6:07 pm

I'll take the Libertines over the Hives any day of the week, and I've traveled cross-country to catch the Hives, let it be said. The Libertines reek of legend. To me they just sound brilliant, absolutely nothing baffling about it. They're instantly recognizable, possess tight musicianship, and incredibly inspiring songcraft. Like a British Replacements with strands of the Jam and the Clash. Woof. 'Nuff hyperbole. Guess that makes me a true believer, huh? (not a street teamster!)

KaBoom21

Postby KaBoom21 » Thu May 20, 2004 8:55 am

The Libertines are mighty - the Hives, not so much.

Postby Guest » Fri May 21, 2004 10:29 am

Tom4 wrote:...will someone explain what's so fascinating about the Libertines?
Just wait until their new album comes out. I can only speak for myself as Up The Bracket is one of those shit-hot records I put on at full volume before I go out for the night. If you can't hear it - listen again. I know it's a self-serving hype machine but I read an NME interview with Mick Jones recently about producing the Libs records. The interview was one big commercial for why Carl and Pete are the best out there. Should we take Mick seriously? I think he has a little cred. But then again you are right - to each his own...

Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Coopstar » Fri May 21, 2004 10:31 am

Sorry - that was me.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:04 pm

FRIENDS 'VERY CONCERNED' ABOUT PETE DOHERTY

PETE DOHERTY has left rehab leaving friends "very concerned for his well being".

The Libertines guitarist has been back in rehab in recent weeks, including a second stint at The Priory in an attempt to beat his addiction to drugs.

However, a spokesperson for the band told NME.COM that Pete has walked for the second time and nobody knows where he is.

He told NME.COM: "Peter left The Priory this morning, his whereabouts are currently unknown although every effort is being made to find him. We are all very concerned for his well being."

The band are set to make a number of live appearances this week, including slots at the Meltdown festival supporting Morrissey and at the Isle Of Wight festival. It is currently unclear what will happen to the performances.

Via NME

Return to “Rants and Raves”