Gigantic!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Mon Jan 21, 2002 10:12 pm

Man, how did this slip under my radar?
A concert film about They Might Be Giants? Kick-ass!

http://www.giganticfilm.com/

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Wed Jan 30, 2002 12:08 pm

I went to see They Might Be Giants when I was 21 and dating an 18-year-old. She took me, as they were her favorite band. Now I kind of laugh at the minimal age difference, but at that time, I was a senior in college and she was a freshman. There were issues... Anyway, They Might Be Giants was one of the strangest shows I've ever been to. Total nerd-fest. I kind of liked the music, but I just couldn't get into it as much as all the rabid fans. It seemed, I don't know, silly. Of course, at the time I was heavily into Public Enemy, Funkadelic, and Tom Waits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jeffsab on 2002-01-30 11:08 ]</font>

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:08 pm

TMBG fans are nerds? Well, would a nerd listen to Man Or Astroman? The Spoozys? The Aquabats?...er, well-never mind.

Actually, I've never seen them in concert, which is why I'm looking forward to the film. Personally, I think they're a terribly overlooked group (maybe because so many nerds go to their shows...).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixmaster Shecky on 2002-01-30 20:13 ]</font>

Return to “Rants and Raves”