Fuck you, America

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Fuck you, America

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:52 am

Fuck half of us, anyway.

Voters in 11 States Reject Gay Marriage - "The vote Tuesday in North Dakota was 3-1 in favor - the same margin as in Georgia and Kentucky as the proposal passed in all 11 states where it was on the ballot. The margin was 6-1 in Mississippi..."

2004 not breakout year for youth vote - "Fewer than one in 10 voters Tuesday were 18 to 24, about the same proportion of the electorate as in 2000..."

At least 51% of Americans are fucking idiots. I want to move away from them. I can't believe that 44% of 18-29-year-olds voted for Bush. The kids aren't alright. Fuck them.

What this election proves is that even if voters turn out in record numbers, the good guys still can't win. So why bother? Fuck this. I bet you anything that voter turnout will never in our lifetime be as high as it was this year. It just doesn't make any difference. Fuck it. I predict a return to the indifferent, cynical slackerdom of the late-eighties/early 90s.

Oh well, whatever. Never mind.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:30 am

Jake, you moved to Chicago. You did move away from them!

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:27 am

W.C. Fields said, 'never wise up a sucker; never smarten up a chump.' I agree: it's an impossible job. You'll never be able to explain to these dildos why Bush sucks, and neo-cons should be run out of town on a rail.
It's clear at least half of our population are morons.

Congratulations, America - you got the leadership you deserve!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:50 am

And another thing: fuck Puff Daddy, fuck Bruce Springsteen, fuck Rock the Vote, fuck Punk Voter, fuck Music for America, and fuck Glorious Noise for lamely thinking they/we could make any difference whatsoever. Just preaching to the choir. Not changing any minds. Not getting enough people out to the polls to make a difference.

I CANNOT FUCKING BELIEVE that 45% of 18-29-year-olds voted for fucking Bush. WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with you people?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:04 am

Republicans are correct when they say that Democrates and Liberals don't understand "Values". Most americans, even many who voted democratic yesterday, don't relate to politics in terms simply of economic policy issues or "reality" based interests.

Nicolas Kristof has an excellent column in the NYTimes today explaining just that. It's titled, "Living Poor, Voting Rich"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/03/opini ... is.html?hp

Until liberals figure this out they're fucked.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby nobodygirl » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:08 am

Don't forget that Daschle is gone.
I swear to god, I really thought all this talk about a sea change was going to mean something. I don't know what it's going to take to make people see what a horrific fucking administration this is, but it's obviously going to be something catastrophic.
But Jake? Chicago faction? You have Obama! And I have Gwen Moore and Russ Feingold, who was the ONLY senator to vote against the Patriot Act. Let's also not forget that even if Kerry did win he'd have huge fucking opposition every time he wanted to take a bathroom break. That is the only good thing (and I use "good" questioningly and lightly here) that I have been able to come up with so far. I think the House and Senate races turning out the way they did scared me as much, if not more than, the presidential race.
All I know is, I'm not taking off my Le Tigre button that I found this morning for the next four years. Not that it's going to help anything.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:19 am

William Saletan also put up a few good comments that I think liberals and dems should take to heart. check out his 12:01am comment here:

http://www.slate.com/id/2109079/

Saletan was one of a small faction of commentators who were very Pro-Edwards in the primaries. Edwards polled (and continues to poll) very very strong amongst Independents, conservatives and moderates in both parties. Liberals in the democratic party wrote him off, and the Kerry Campaign relegated him to campaigning in states like West Virginia, North Carolina and southern Ohio....all areas that Kerry never had a chance in.

Wake up and smell the coffee, people!

The way to communicate a values based political message is through simple repetative messages. It's what Reagan did. It's what Clinton did. It's what GW did.

Anybody who doesn't get that is lost.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:24 am

I for one am pissed at the Democratic party...I think Dean wouldve stood a better chance than Kerry...maybe its just armchair quarterbacking but a fight between Dean and McCain wouldve been sweeeeeeet
heres to 4 more wars

MightyPOLY
GLONO Board Playa

Postby MightyPOLY » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:35 am

Jesus.. What now.. What's the encore? Will Bush rape my grandmother while pouring sugar in my gastank? Seriously..

It's out of our hands. We did our due-diligence, encouraged others to vote, voted, and it still was not enough. It's sad. The US has changed. Our founding fathers were scared that money and religion would someday interfere with politics, but how could they save us from this? They couldn’t. I bet they are all rolling in their graves.

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:47 am

I'll just quote The Onion from 2000:

"They say people gets the government they deserve, but I don't remember knife-raping any retarded nuns."

Also, I'm gonna get real pissed if they bully Kerry into conceding before the provisional and absentee ballots in Ohio are counted. They say it's too far gone for him to come back, but the said the same thing about recounts in Florida in 2000.

Also, Jake, you should read Daily Kos this morning: Don't Mourn, Organize. Because if you think Bush is bad, wait till you see what Rudy's got waiting for you in '08.

Return to “Rants and Raves”