Riviera Announcement - Opening for Tweedy

Forum to discuss the Glorious Noise recording artists, Riviera.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by Jiggle Billy »

I really want to go to this show, but I wonder if I can convince myself to fly from Philly to Chicago for the weekend.
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips »

Better make up your mind quick. Tickets go on sale Saturday.
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

Can't be there, but I'll buy a CD when it comes out.
Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by Jiggle Billy »

Christ, I can get a round trip ticket for $200. Wonder what the odds are of getting a ticket to the show?? And press pass? Anyone want to hang out in Chitown?

Derek, what are the odds you can get me in? Preferably with goods seats????? Oh man oh man.
nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl »

D. Phillips wrote:
It's about time...
That is fantastic news. And my individual respect for Derek is kind of like a flow chart documenting...um, something financially significant and historical.
low point: Recieving KATRINA AND THE FUCKING WAVES IN THE MAIL and then finding out it was he who deemed it should be sent to me.
high point: The drankin', and realizing that he's pretty swell.
lower point: Having it revealed to me while drankin' that I am still expected to write about KATRINA AND THE WAVES. FUCKING HELL. (ahem.)
high point: purchasing "Moon Pix" on his recommendation and realizing that despite the aforementioned fact that he sent me KATRINA AND THE WAVES [obligatory repetition of cursing here], he has some stellar musical taste.
Anyway, congratulations again.
xo
nbg, who joins the ranks of will buy a CD when it comes out but cannot make said show but WILL be pilgrimaging (pilgriming?) there for the Riviera show, so there.
Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Post by Proptronics »

This Riviera band... their sound reminds me a lot of this goofy little band that dedicated their lives to blue collar workers and cheap beer. They never made it anywhere but if you ever find a demo tape of the Blue Ribbon Brothers put it in a collectors case.
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips »

Jiggle Billy wrote:Christ, I can get a round trip ticket for $200. Wonder what the odds are of getting a ticket to the show?? And press pass? Anyone want to hang out in Chitown?

Derek, what are the odds you can get me in? Preferably with goods seats????? Oh man oh man.
It's a benefit show so I can't really get people in for free. We're trying to raise money, man!

But you should try to get tickets when Ticketsatan releases them this Saturday.
miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by miss carol »

congrats, Derek! may it lead to fame and fortune :)
Jiggle Billy
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by Jiggle Billy »

D. Phillips wrote:
It's a benefit show so I can't really get people in for free. We're trying to raise money, man!

But you should try to get tickets when Ticketsatan releases them this Saturday.
Oh, I'd definitely buy a ticket. Didn't know if you had the inside scoop, though.

Oh man oh man.
Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Barabajagal »

D, if you can get Tweedy to beat you up you may get some serious international publicity out of it.