Arrested Development: Cancelled?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Arrested Development: Cancelled?

Postby nobodygirl » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:03 pm

David Cross was on Jimmy Kimmel (last night? I can't stay up that late anymore) and said that he read on the internet that they're cancelling AD. As unreliable as the internet is for information like this, let us begin the wake here....

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:04 pm

Supposedly, the season will be cut short so they can start running American Dad in its timeslot. Now, a shortened season does not bode well for a show, but there's no report of it being cancelled yet.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:31 pm

What?! That's the best show on television today (maybe second to Curb Your Enthusiasm). It's sad that brilliant television can't be successful. I didn't really like American Dad, but I love Family Guy so I'll give it another shot. Besides, at least it's not a reality show filling it's spot.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:44 pm

I hope thats not true. Fox is run by a bunch of dipshits.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:54 pm

Here's a great interviewwith the head writer/lead creative force on the show, Mitchell Hurwitz.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Maybe it's me, but I don't like Family Guy at all. I just don't think it's funny and American Dad is a carbon copy of it. Meh.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:32 pm

D. Phillips wrote:Maybe it's me, but I don't like Family Guy at all. I just don't think it's funny and American Dad is a carbon copy of it. Meh.

I didn't really get Family Guy until it came out on DVD. I still don't think it's as good as The Simpsons or South Park in their respective primes, but if you ask me good cartoons are hard to find, and I think Family Guy is one of them.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:13 am

I think Family Guy is great, how they get away with some of their cracks is beyond me. American Dad is good but i think it would be better to add the fish to the griffin household and make teh rest of the American Dad family their neighbors

Billy Green
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Billy Green » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:13 pm

Fox will either move AD back to 9pm so it can get even lower ratings being against the highest rated show on TV, or wait until the fall and put it at 7pm so it always gets preempted by football. Either way it's called the Futurama Effect, and it'll be an excuse to canel AD.

Meanwhile, Fox will just cancel American Dad at some point anyway and be left to put together some reality show where a gril doesn't know she's about to marry her long lost brother.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:27 pm

trainwreck2 wrote:I think Family Guy is great, how they get away with some of their cracks is beyond me. American Dad is good but i think it would be better to add the fish to the griffin household and make teh rest of the American Dad family their neighbors

I love the perverted talking goldfish.

Return to “Rants and Raves”