What ROCKED BALLS in 2005?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Barabajagal » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:55 pm

jaimoe0 wrote:My lime green testicle cradle rocked balls this year.

I got one of those, too--from Nut Hut, right?

Thanks for moderating, Jake. That G5am comment was so absolutely fucking bonkers I had to erect a mental barrier against it.

Nice suggestions, some of which I meant to follow up on already. Tanks.

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:25 pm

I say again, Tom Petty rocked!!

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:29 pm

Hellacopters - Rock & Roll Is Dead
The Darkness - One Way Ticket To Hell And Back
Trail Of Dead - Worlds Apart
Aquabats - Charge!!

The new one by The Darkness is really doing it for me these days - the title track is fucking awesome.

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:34 pm

Proptronics wrote:I say again, Tom Petty rocked!!

Yeah, that bit in his concerts where he does the Nosferatu impersonation is a real ball-rocker.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:41 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:The new one by The Darkness is really doing it for me these days - the title track is fucking awesome.

"One Way Ticket" Video: Real, Windows, QT

Ad
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Ad » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:04 pm

White Stripes, if only for "Blue Orchid." My favorite ball-rocking single this year. Awful video, though.

The Dirtbombs--They didn't release anything new in 2005, but they did release the mostly-excellent and extremely rocking "If You Don't Already Have a Look," a two-cd set of all their 7"s.

Gang of Four rocked live. Like, really rocked. Couldn't believe it.

And this probably falls into the "fake 80s" category, but I fucking love the new Franz Ferdinand album. Face it, it rocks.

beginthebegin
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby beginthebegin » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:02 pm

Ad wrote:Gang of Four rocked live. Like, really rocked. Couldn't believe it.

While we're mentioning testicle-shaking concerts, I've got to mention Built to Spill and The Walkmen. Both shows took my nuts, put 'em in a coffee can, rolled them down my parent's gravel driveway, and then handed them back to me wrapped in a tour t-shirt. and that's a good thing.

And how could Coldplay "rock balls" when they don't know what it's like to actually have a pair? Actually, I think that may be the best summary of what's wrong with X&Y - it's ball-less music.

Greenwood The Sock Monkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Greenwood The Sock Monkey » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm

beginthebegin wrote:And how could Coldplay "rock balls" when they don't know what it's like to actually have a pair? Actually, I think that may be the best summary of what's wrong with X&Y - it's ball-less music.

Agreed. X&Y might very well be the least rocking album on my shelf that isn't also adorned with the words "Simon" or "Garfunkel". It is the pop music equivalent of castration under heavy anaesthetic. You could file it right along side Matchbox 20's infamous Beige album.

And here I felt bad that maybe Maxïmo Park didn't rock heavy enough to qualify. I mean, fuck, they even have an umlaut in their name, that's pretty nut-quivering all by itself!

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:14 pm

beginthebegin wrote:
And how could Coldplay "rock balls" when they don't know what it's like to actually have a pair? Actually, I think that may be the best summary of what's wrong with X&Y - it's ball-less music.

thats funny! I wouldn't say they rocked balls....maybe vaginas, haha

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:42 pm

Your nuts would be rocking around if you believed, if only for a second, that Petty, as soon as he finished the last jangles of 'learning to fly'he turned into a bat and flew out to drink your blood .

Return to “Rants and Raves”