Superchunk: Are you keeping track?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Superchunk: Are you keeping track?

Postby Dawg » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:48 pm

Some of y'all helped so much with digging up Juliana Hatifield's latest stuff I thought I'd try it with Superchunk.

Starting with "Foolish" in '94, (still one of my favorite albums of all time) I bought all their releases up until (including) "Come Pick Me Up". I guess I just moved on, and the TERRIBLE concert they gave at the 40Watt in Athens around 2000 made me lose interest.

(Seriously, I've never been that disappointed in a concert. Ever.)

Has anyone kept up with them lately? What recent releases are worth getting? Hell, for that matter, are they still even a band?

Thanks for any help.

cat153
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby cat153 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:55 pm

I'm not sure they are still a band...i think they are on indefinite hiatis...whatever that means. Currently Portastatic is active. Their new album is above average in my estimation but nothing spectacular. Superchunk released a sort of retrospective called cup of sand...it's a double disc filled with songs from over the years as well as live, b-sides, etc. and is pretty good. that might be a good place to start.

Return to “Rants and Raves”