Lindsay and Ryan sitting in a tree...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Fester Von Zesterberg
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Fester Von Zesterberg » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:48 pm

Breasts with freckles have always aroused me, particularly those with large pink nipples like those of Ann Margaret.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:08 am

Fester Von Zesterberg wrote:Breasts with freckles have always aroused me, particularly those with large pink nipples like those of Ann Margaret.

Sven, is that you??

Some catty poster on one of those links to the Vanity Fair photos suggested a game of connect the dots. Even tho' that's questionably tasteless, it's still a pretty funny thing to say...

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:16 am

DJMurphy wrote:
beginthebegin wrote:While we're on the topic, did anyone pick up DirtyStick's latest, 29?

Ol' Dirty Stick... I like it!!! ;P

i agree completely. liked it much better than jacksonville city nights. the consensus by a lot of people seems to be that jacksonville is a great cd and better than 29. i found it to be the opposite. aftet coming off ryan's best cd ever, cold roses, jacksonville was very disappointing.

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:21 am

whoa whoa whoa whoa. grounded, i know we have vastly different tastes, but let me get something straight. you think cold roses was better than gold or heartbreaker?

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:31 am

DJMurphy wrote:[]
Sven, is that you??.

Zat me Santy Clauz? I wish. Were they talking about connect the dots with one of them thar ZZ Top Pearl Necklaces?

Fester Von Zesterberg
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Fester Von Zesterberg » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:28 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:
DJMurphy wrote:[]
Sven, is that you??.

Zat me Santy Clauz? I wish. Were they talking about connect the dots with one of them thar ZZ Top Pearl Necklaces?

Sven... my friends call me "Zesty". You can call me Mr. Von Zesterberg.

booker
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby booker » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:25 pm

I thought Jacksonville City Nights was incredible, maybe his best album -- and certainly his most consistent. 29, on the other hand, has some serious issues. I could easily cut half the songs (what would that make it, like, a four-song EP?).

beginthebegin
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby beginthebegin » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:58 pm

grounded5am wrote:
DJMurphy wrote:
beginthebegin wrote:While we're on the topic, did anyone pick up DirtyStick's latest, 29?

Ol' Dirty Stick... I like it!!! ;P

i agree completely. liked it much better than jacksonville city nights. the consensus by a lot of people seems to be that jacksonville is a great cd and better than 29. i found it to be the opposite. aftet coming off ryan's best cd ever, cold roses, jacksonville was very disappointing.

Grounded: Did you even read my post? I thought I made my argument pretty clear -- Jacksonville was fantastic, and 29 is a pile of shit. I mean you can agree or disagree, but how can you "agree completely" and then turn around and say you "found it to be the opposite?"

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:35 pm

I loved Cold Roses and Jacksonville, probably 2 of the best things he has come out with in a while. 29 isn't very good, though I do like the opening Grateful Dead 'Truckin rip off song' and 'Strawberry Wine' is a pretty song too. The rest of the album is so depressing and slow, I suggest keeping all sharp objects away from you when you listen to it, haha. Probably not something I will listen to alot.

When I saw him in Atlanta last year, he played some of these at the end of the show and lots of people left, but at that point the show had gone on for almost 3 hours I think. He needs to stick with the Cardinals. They are great.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:13 pm

couldn't the same be said of much of her movie career?

DJMurphy wrote: Even tho' that's questionably tasteless, it's still a pretty funny thing to say...

Return to “Rants and Raves”