Arrested Development: Cancelled?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:17 pm

holy crap that would be awesome. this week's episode made me laugh more than any TV show i can remember EVER.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:48 pm

thatd be cool if its saved, so save your tears!

Alias
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Alias » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:13 pm

Hey, speaking of which, umm what happened to Nobodygirl?!?!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:01 pm

"Arrested Development" coming to Showtime!

Fear not, Arrested Development fans. The quirky sitcom about a hilariously dysfunctional family may have been unceremoniously dumped by the Fox network, but it looks like Showtime is coming to its rescue.

The New York Post's Page Six reported Tuesday the cable network has not only picked up the cancelled show, it has ordered 26 more episodes. The news supports recent Internet rumblings about producers hammering out a deal with Showtime execs.

Via Empty-handed.

And remember, Apple made a deal with Showtime so that "some of Showtime's sophisticated fare would be available via iTunes.... Programs will be available for $1.99 per episode for viewing on an iPod or, for the less antsy, the home computer."

Woo hoo? I think, woo hoo.

Arrr Im A Pirate
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Arrr Im A Pirate » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:14 pm

You know, I really wouldn't mind if this show was over because that was by far the best ending to any show I have ever seen.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:23 pm

The ending was classic, unfortunately my wife erased it from the dvr. How will they get around all the plot-twists when they re-start it up? Maybe a "scene-missing" sign will do the trick.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:01 pm

if only HBO would do this so I can see EXTRAS, since this isnt out on DVD stateside
Jake wrote:
And remember, Apple made a deal with Showtime so that "some of Showtime's sophisticated fare would be available via iTunes.... Programs will be available for $1.99 per episode for viewing on an iPod or, for the less antsy, the home computer."

Donaldson
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Donaldson » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:08 pm

George Sr.: Well, the Home Builders Organization doesn't want to deal with us at all.

Michael: HBO doesn't want us?

George Sr.: No. It's *showtime*! Let's throw a party...

beginthebegin
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby beginthebegin » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:26 pm

Jake wrote:"Arrested Development" coming to Showtime!

Definitely a woo hoo. Best news I've heard all day.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:55 pm

Arrr Im A Pirate wrote:You know, I really wouldn't mind if this show was over because that was by far the best ending to any show I have ever seen.

You know, I missed the finale. For some reason, my Tivo forgot to tape it. (More likely, I accidentally deleted it.) So last night, I went on the internet and googled "arrested development torrents" and before I knew it I had the show I missed on my computer in handy m4u format. Watched it on my iPod on the El this morning. It was great. At times like this, I love technology.

Return to “Rants and Raves”