Anyone got feedback on these bands?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Anyone got feedback on these bands?

Postby Dawg » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:24 pm

#1: The Go! Team. Thinking about getting the CD. Any good? Worth it?

#2: A band I've never heard of that I caught on internet radio called The Cribs. I heard a song called "Mirror Kissers" and then checked out the album on itunes. Sounds promising, but before I bought it I thought I'd see if any of y'all knew about it.

Thanks

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:46 pm

I can vouch for The Go! Team. But I'd say if you can find the import, go for that. Some samples that were on the Euro version had to be removed from the U.S. version due to clearance. But it's a great album. It's got the same feel as instrumental hip-hop, except it's done by a live band. Sorta similar to The Avalanches...like Prefuse meets Jackson 5

cat153
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby cat153 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:35 am

the go team is very good. i have the import as well so can't speak to the domestic release. but that cd is a fun cd...something it seems my collection needed (according to my gf). at any rate, i think you'll really like the Go! Team. They combine hip hop/dance beats, with samples, cheers, and retro 60's/70's style TV theme songs. Very inventive and just plain fun.

CAT

Return to “Rants and Raves”