VH1's 40 Greatest Metal Songs (you know you watched it)

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Mon May 08, 2006 8:38 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:Ozzy is a huge Beatles fan. A lot of his solo material is him trying to
be like The Beatles and coming up with some weird result that is far from The Fab Four. Black Sabbath is based in the blues and that's why it whips the llamas ass.

Really? I'd love to hear Ozzy's version of "Blackbird"....then again, that poor fucking bird

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:11 pm

I didn't see the show, and (ignoring order and focusing stricly on inclusion), I'd remove Judas, AC/DC, and Kiss from that list. I'd add "Walk" by Pantera, "One" by Metallica, and "46 & 2" or "Aenima" by Tool. I'd change "The Number Of The Beast" with "Run To The Hills".

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Tue May 09, 2006 4:24 am

Tom4 wrote: I'd remove Judas, AC/DC from that list. I'd add "One" by Metallica. I'd change "The Number Of The Beast" with "Run To The Hills".

All of the above can safely be considered heresy.

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Dawg » Tue May 09, 2006 12:25 pm

I didn't see the show, and (ignoring order and focusing stricly on inclusion), I'd remove Judas, AC/DC, and Kiss from that list. I'd add "Walk" by Pantera, "One" by Metallica, and "46 & 2" or "Aenima" by Tool. I'd change "The Number Of The Beast" with "Run To The Hills".

"Walk" and "Run to the Hills" were both on the list too. I was very pleased to see those included. No Tool at all, but there was....Slipknot. As mentioned earlier, I was very surprised "One" wasn't on the list at all.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Tue May 09, 2006 12:44 pm

Judas Priest's track wasn't 'Metal Gods'? Or anything off British Steel? That's fucked up.

And why the hell are candyasses like VH1 trying to come up with any kind of rock list? Our own 100 Greatest (Most Rocking Electric-Guitar-Based) Rock Songs list defined the best.

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Barabajagal » Tue May 09, 2006 3:37 pm

jaimoe0 wrote:I still say "Crazy Train" sounds like it was written by an ass-monkey with a road map to the top 40. Meh.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

(Wait a minute...)

Return to “Rants and Raves”