Sonic Youth on Gilmore Girls

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Sonic Youth on Gilmore Girls

Postby Jake » Tue May 09, 2006 2:51 pm

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Tue May 09, 2006 4:39 pm

nothing will top flaming lips playing at the peach pit on 90210... nothing!

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Dawg » Tue May 09, 2006 7:46 pm

nothing will top flaming lips playing at the peach pit on 90210... nothing!

Maybe The Doobie Brothers on "What's Happening"?

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member

Postby Johnny Loftus » Wed May 10, 2006 10:37 am

Plus, the Doobies gave Rog, Rerun, and the rest of the crew a stern talking-to about bootlegging shows. Too bad "WH" producers didn't book Ike Turner as the celebrity guest. I would've liked to see him pistol-whipping Dwayne.

Baltimucho
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Baltimucho » Wed May 10, 2006 10:42 am

Maybe The Doobie Brothers on "What's Happening"?

The irony of it all was that the bootlegger (Al Dunbar) got busted, and all he had to show for it was a tape of some fat kid eating popcorn!

Kristy
GLONO Team Member

Postby Kristy » Wed May 10, 2006 11:16 am

Did anyone see Sonic Youth on the GG last night? I was sorry I had to miss it. One solid reason to watch the whole show for once. I find it kind of irritating with its compulsively lightning-fast dialogue and hip mother-daughter relationship, but I'm probably just jealous (of Lauren Graham for her amazing slimness and cool dresses) (and also that whole adorable Ivy League setting -- arrgh ).

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Wed May 10, 2006 10:34 pm

Kristy wrote:Did anyone see Sonic Youth on the GG last night? I was sorry I had to miss it. One solid reason to watch the whole show for once. I find it kind of irritating with its compulsively lightning-fast dialogue and hip mother-daughter relationship, but I'm probably just jealous (of Lauren Graham for her amazing slimness and cool dresses) (and also that whole adorable Ivy League setting -- arrgh ).

Agreed. Except for the jealous of Graham's cool dresses part. I missed the part with Sonic Youth but broke out laughing when Sparks was playing in the street.

Kristy
GLONO Team Member

Postby Kristy » Thu May 11, 2006 8:12 am

That's some wild new avatar, Worpswede.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Thu May 11, 2006 9:45 am

Mark E. Smith doesn't like to brush.

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Tue May 16, 2006 10:48 am

Kristy wrote:Did anyone see Sonic Youth on the GG last night? I was sorry I had to miss it. One solid reason to watch the whole show for once. I find it kind of irritating with its compulsively lightning-fast dialogue and hip mother-daughter relationship, but I'm probably just jealous (of Lauren Graham for her amazing slimness and cool dresses) (and also that whole adorable Ivy League setting -- arrgh ).

After the fact, but I saw it and it was cute. It wasn't really Sonic Youth, but Thurston, his daughter (awww), and Kim. They just rocked out for a minute or so.

Seriously, Lauren Graham always looks good but she needs to branch out from the wrap dresses. Seriously, all she ever wears are wrap dresses. It's like me with indie rock tshirts; it's getting ridiculous.

Return to “Rants and Raves”