music and the crazy things we do for it

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

music and the crazy things we do for it

Postby grounded5am » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:22 pm

as it turns out i'll be going to nyc on july 28th for a day and a half just to go to a free concert. i did the same thing before back in high school. i went to l.a. for a day to see edie brickell and new bohemians play at the wiltren. has anyone else done anything else crazy for music or bands we love?

eriknorm
GLONO Board Playa

Postby eriknorm » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:46 pm

I broke up with a girl because she didn't like Bruce Springsteen. I broke up with another one because she didn't like "Casablanca," the coolest movie ever made.

Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Postby Dreamin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:59 pm

I love to travel to see shows in different cities. One of my most memorable trips was driving from Vancouver to San Francisco in a rented Mustang covertible to see Wilco at the Fillmore. A little "rock tourism" is good for the soul.

Alias
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Alias » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:25 pm

I needed $$ for tixs to Moby concert, so I called my butta face step monster mother and told her she was beautiful and I loved her for a whole week even though she has a face that can make the cows go home and I subtly despise her with a passion.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:49 am

Back in '91, when I was a freshman in college, I went to New Orleans to see the Chili Peppers/Smashing Pumpkins/Nirvana show. Nirvana was just starting to get famous, so I was really looking forward to seeing them. Two days before the show I caught strep throat and became really fuckin sick. The day of the show I had a 103 fever. I decided to go anyway.

Nirvana backed out, and another band took their place. That band was an unknown Pearl Jam who pretty much stole the entire show from everyone (smashing pumpkins were terrible). I was so sick and had to sit down the entire show because I was too weak to stand. I still think it was worth it, even though my mother freaked out, when she heard I took off to New Orleans in a sick haze.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:33 am

that's pretty harcore man. i don't think i could do that.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:16 pm

grounded5am wrote:that's pretty harcore man. i don't think i could do that.

yeah, looking back on it, it probably was a stupid thing to do, but then again I was a dumb 18 year old kid, haha

Kristy
GLONO Team Member

Postby Kristy » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:40 pm

I had a ticket to see the Replacements at the Masonic Temple in Toronto. I had really bad cramps and talking on the phone to my mother, I said I didn't feel like going anymore. She was like, Are you crazy? You're obsessed with the Replacements, of course you should go. I did and it wsa a fantastic show, the only time I saw them in a non-stadium setting and they were great and played every song I love, inc. If Only You Were Lonely, Skyway, Unsatisfied, Valentine -- it was heaven.

Tommy said at one point, "We'd talk to you between songs but we don't know what to say."

It was a great show. Thanks, Mom!

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Re: music and the crazy things we do for it

Postby amighty » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:19 am

grounded5am wrote:as it turns out i'll be going to nyc on july 28th for a day and a half just to go to a free concert. i did the same thing before back in high school. i went to l.a. for a day to see edie brickell and new bohemians play at the wiltren. has anyone else done anything else crazy for music or bands we love?

what show?

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:48 am

i'm going to see the bo's play in central park for free. should be a good show.

Return to “Rants and Raves”