Reptile House is finally gone

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:22 pm

Awesome. The Reptile thread is resurrected once more!

The Reptile's time is passed - the current generation needs to make their own Reptile to thumb their noses at the CRC and Amway, and all the other killjoys in this town.

This town needs an enema!

Schizm

Hmmmm.....

Postby Schizm » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:07 pm

I just came across this board and saw someone post a story about Toxic Scott. I was in Karmacide with him. It's a trip that people are still talking about that shit. I wonder what happened to him.

As for everyone saying that GR is dead....yeah. It has been for awhile. I moved to Florida last year to get away from the nothingness, conservative, drama packed city that is going nowhere.

Anyways. Later.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Re: Hmmmm.....

Postby Jake » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:29 am

Schizm wrote:I moved to Florida last year to get away from the nothingness, conservative, drama packed city that is going nowhere.

So you moved to FLORIDA?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:20 am

Admit it, man! You just wanted to be closer to this beauty.

Schizm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWCHHHHHHHH!!!

Postby Schizm » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:16 am

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWCHHHHHHHH!!!

I have been OWNED. Nothing but nightmares for me tonight now.....thanks!

jart

reptile house

Postby jart » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:22 am

wow, I bartended at THR from its first night (April 90) until the summer of 96 when I moved to Olympia, WA. It's strange to hear(read) ppl still talking about it. Did anyone find that sign? I have the skull beer tap sitting on my bookshelf, along with a T-shirt in the closet and a few pictures. Reading the messages from the last 4 years(I just discovered this site) brought back a lotta memories,good and bad. Toxic scott trying to kick djsherwood in the nuts and getting decked.
The supersuckers graciously playing a second set when the dwarves didn't show up. Eddie Spaghetti stepped up to the mike and said "hello we're the dwarves" then ripped into a suckers set ( I had ppl 2 years later telling me how cool the dwarves were when they played at THR) The building across the street on cherry burning down during a three band night. If you stood in the middle of div ave you could catch all four attractions
Drinking shots with the bands, drinking shots with the customers.
Thanks for the trip, see ya in awhile reptile.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Re: reptile house

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:51 am

jart wrote:I have the skull beer tap sitting on my bookshelf, along with a T-shirt in the closet and a few pictures.

Oh, I would kill for that skull tap. Many Sunday Jager/skull nights, drinking the god damn swill from that tap...good times.

You fucker - why didn't you cut me off? ;)

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:43 pm

I'd love to see a photo of the skull tap. Jart, if you could take a photo, I'm sure we'd all love to bask in the nostalgia...

jart

TRH not THR

Postby jart » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:03 pm

I must have had dislexia when I wrote last night. I meant TRH and not THR, of course (could have been that bottle of wine I was drinking too). As far as cutting you off goes, I don't really remember cutting anyone off for being drunk, just for being an asshole. As long as you kept your shit together we'd "serve em til they dropped".
Jake, I'll work on that photo of the skull tap. I'm kind of new to this computer, internet thing, so it may take awhile(hopefully just acouple of days). To whom it may concern the tap itself was made and carved by Ross W., a doorman- barback at TRH for many years. I hear he's been in a hospital in the U.P. for the past year recovering from his second stroke.
Jart

DJSherwood

Skull Tap

Postby DJSherwood » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:07 pm

Here is one side:

Return to “Rants and Raves”