Marissaless OC

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Donaldson
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Donaldson » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:40 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:I read Proust!

Friends don't let friends read Proust.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:12 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:
I fly on a private plane all the time. I own two cars and a split-level ranch. I have a gas powered snowblower and lawnmower. I hate global warming. Am a hypocrite? Politically it's just so damn lame to knock people that way. It's the same crap that's used by fascist right wingers to attack activists. Are you only a genuine "activist" if you wear a hair shirt, hemp pants, go shoeless, recycle your own shit and eat organic mung beans? Come on. That's just stupid.

if youre a global warming activist and youre flying in a private jet then yes, there is no way around the hypocrisy... that would be like a preachy vegan activist getting a nice pair of leather boots
alternately it would be like a Christian president knowingly sending people off to die in a war that was unneccessary

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:45 pm

wow, you ignore a thread for a couple of hours and come back to find it's gotten all political on you.

skyflynn
GLONO Board Playa

Postby skyflynn » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:24 pm

Speaking of planes, Ryan's fantasies of getting Taylor in the "upright and locked position" were classic first season O.C. hot.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:35 am

trainwreck2 wrote:if youre a global warming activist and youre flying in a private jet then yes, there is no way around the hypocrisy... that would be like a preachy vegan activist getting a nice pair of leather boots
alternately it would be like a Christian president knowingly sending people off to die in a war that was unneccessary

Not everyone can be a saint like Ed Begley Jr.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:39 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:Not everyone can be a saint like Ed Begley Jr.

Or a wang like Ronnie James Dio.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:18 pm

worpswede wrote:Or a wang like Ronnie James Dio.

ha! that's too funny. :)

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:26 am

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:
Not everyone can be a saint like Ed Begley Jr.

but its not a matter of saintlihood or what not
its a flagrant disregard of everything she stands for by flying in a most wasteful manner...
whatever I was a vegetarian and I wore leather and even occasionally ate pop tarts towards the end... if I was preachy id have been a hypocrite
-all that said, what are the chances of skeletor really being in the next episode? they show her with a covered face like a teaser...

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:51 am

trainwreck2 wrote:but its not a matter of saintlihood or what not
its a flagrant disregard of everything she stands for by flying in a most wasteful manner...
whatever I was a vegetarian and I wore leather and even occasionally ate pop tarts towards the end... if I was preachy id have been a hypocrite
-all that said, what are the chances of skeletor really being in the next episode? they show her with a covered face like a teaser...

I was a vegetarian for 11 years. I ate Dairy products and Eggs and I wore leather. I never had a problem with my decisions. Was I a hypocrite because I wasn't a vegan? Are vegans hypocrites because if they are not also Raw Food freaks? Some nutcases will tell you that you should only eat biomatter that does not require the "death" of a plant!

This type of liberal pissing and moaning is lame. Should I boycot An Inconvenient Truth because Al Gore flies around the world so much when he could be at home composting his own poo? Is Bono not to be trusted because he lives in a mansion and lobbies the UN to end hunger in Africa.

I don't have a problem with celebrity activists. Most of the time they help bring attention to issues that are grossly ignored by Corporate media and Government.

What I find disturbing is when ditto-heads go about mouthing BS from right wing radio blowhards.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:23 am

trainwreck2 wrote:if youre a global warming activist and youre flying in a private jet then yes, there is no way around the hypocrisy...

We've all got to pay the bills. What do you do for a living, trainwreck?

Taylor Townsend rules.

Return to “Rants and Raves”