didja see prince tear it the hell down?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

didja see prince tear it the hell down?

Postby creepy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:46 am

man-0-man was that a great 1/2 time show or what? by the time he finished i was crying... honest to god tears running down my face... when he wants to be, prince is the baddest mofo on the planet... james brown and hendrix rolled into one... betta recognize...

BloodshotBaby
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby BloodshotBaby » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:01 am

i thought he was awesome.

the girls i was watching with made fun of me for thinking as such.

clearly, they don't get it.

however....so many covers!!! did he do any of his own songs??? found that a little strange.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:31 am

I liked the effect with the big sheet of fabric blowing up in the air, and the light shining his shadow up onto it, so it looked like he was as tall as the stadium. That was pretty cool. Reminded me of something I saw once at a Bowie show.

I watched the game with a fellow ad-geek and our respective others. We were only watching to see the ads (mostly disappointing this year).

To let you know just how much I don't know about football. About a quarter into the game, I said, "The Colts have the 'C' on their helmets, right?"

Nicolson
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Nicolson » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:54 am

I was hoping he'd wear his ass-less chaps...but I guess you can't get everything you hope for.

Still, he was pretty frickin' awesome.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:22 pm

The silhouette thing was neat, the marching band was cool, and Prince himself was awesome. When he wants to, Prince can own any crowd....even in the rain.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:32 pm

Chris G wrote:I liked the effect with the big sheet of fabric blowing up in the air, and the light shining his shadow up onto it, so it looked like he was as tall as the stadium.

I thought that was funny because it looked like Prince was stroking his enormous shadow-cock. I kinda thought that was what he was going for, it was pretty raunchy.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:54 pm

amighty wrote:
I thought that was funny because it looked like Prince was stroking his enormous shadow-cock. I kinda thought that was what he was going for, it was pretty raunchy.

Aw, now you done it, amighty: the FCC is going to get all over it. Begin the crank-letter campaign!

Anybody else think it was weird to see him at the Super Bowl? I was totally freaked out. Prince and football?

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Barabajagal » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:54 pm

Yep, he was awesome and badass.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:28 pm

BloodshotBaby
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby BloodshotBaby » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm

amighty wrote:

that was so great...way to tell the FCC to fuck off.

actually...that was the only part of the performance that the girls i was watching with enjoyed. we all pretty much cracked up.

(ps: nice article, derek.)

i'm so happy glono is here...because i was starting to think that i was crazy with all of my peers telling me that prince was lame. you guys remind me that i am right about music.

Return to “Rants and Raves”