didja see prince tear it the hell down?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:52 am

amighty wrote:Did you all hear about the house he's renting from some athlete? The guy was upset because Prince (who is paying him $70K a month) painted the pool purple and mounted a huge prince-symbol on the wall.

Ha. Extreme Makeover: Prince Edition.

According to the lawsuit, Prince/MPG Music violated its eight-month lease by "painting the exterior of the [house] with purple striping, 'prince' symbol, and numbers 3121."

Awesome.

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby n8 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:47 pm

What a property that is too. Didn't know Boozer was making that kind of cash. Bet the house would look classy in purple stripes.

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Dawg » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:48 pm

If you're getting bored, feel free to skip ahead to about 3:30 when Prince begins his solo, and laugh in amusement to watch Tom Petty try to take back the song while His Purple Badness refuses to stop tearing apart his guitar for the next three minutes. Dani Harrison is cracking up in the background as Prince goes fucking apeshit. It's totally awesome.

Dammit! Why didn't Jeff Lynne get a turn?!!

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:52 am

Another halftime since the youtube ones have been removed:

<embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/MSEoH7HKVUnAY80Px" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="336" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:17 pm

i missed the Prince spectacle mostly cause i dont care about futbol...
the coolest thing i recall was a few years ago when there was one with gwen stefani and shania twain...shania stood there and did a horrible job lipsynching but no one called her on it, and gwen was dancing around a actually sang...I cant stand gwen and think her vocals (and style) are horrid but at least she sang...
cnn today has something about princes masterbatory soloing

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:12 pm

trainwreck2 wrote:shania stood there and did a horrible job lipsynching but no one called her on it

Glorious Noise did:

Shania Twain, “Feel Like a Woman/Up” – More like “I feel like not singing.” Here was Shania out in front of the same group of dingbats who supported her at the recent American Music Awards. But at least Twain SANG at that show. And to make the fakery as obvious as it was, with backing vocals from backup singers who weren’t visible on stage? That’s even worse. Shania’s ham-fisted wool-pull is only another example of supposed “live” performances that instead become an analysis of what’s live and what’s Memorex. During Twain’s big finish, all the room I was in could talk about what how demeaned it felt to be lip-synched to on live television.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:47 pm

i have recently acquired prince's 3 disc the hits/the b-sides to put on my zune. i have to say that i am becoming a real big fan of his. even though the sound quality is bad i love what i have heard so far. pink cashmere i s great and the guitar solo in it is even better. prince was more than just his hits. this halftime show was the best i've ever seen.

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Barabajagal » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:29 pm

Is it me or did Prince kinda look like hotel maid service? Like he could put down the swan-penis guitar and grab a linen cart?

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:15 pm

Barabajagal wrote:Is it me or did Prince kinda look like hotel maid service? Like he could put down the swan-penis guitar and grab a linen cart?

I like his Little Richard do-rag.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:47 pm

he looked like lucille ball to me. OH RICKY!!!!!

Return to “Rants and Raves”