Potentially Awesome Films Start Filming?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:18 pm

hebrew hammer wrote:
Fuck yeah, I just saw Children of Men last night and it is just an amazing film. Clive Owen is brilliant. I really need to read the James novel as well.

I started reading it a couple weeks ago after watching the movie. It's very, very different, but still really good thus far.

oatmealblizzard
GLONO Board Playa

Postby oatmealblizzard » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:33 pm

Ever since I read this LA Times article, I've been REALLY looking forward to Synecdoche, New York. Sounds like it could be special.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:43 pm

oatmealblizzard wrote:Ever since I read this LA Times article, I've been REALLY looking forward to Synecdoche, New York. Sounds like it could be special.

Yeah, I read that article a couple of months ago at the behest of my old roommate, who's a big Kaufman fan, and I too began salivating after reading it.

Then again, the first time I read what The Fountain was going to be about, I felt the same way. And I thought that movie was very good, not great.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:45 pm

oatmealblizzard wrote:Ever since I read this LA Times article, I've been REALLY looking forward to Synecdoche, New York. Sounds like it could be special.

Thank you, sir or madam. I join you in the anticipation!

Meanwhile, I saw Children of Men and pretty much wept throughout. Quite intense and seems very informed by contemporary English politics. I was struck by the pregnant Kee (Claire-Hope Ashitey) who had never seen a pregnant woman before and hadn't learned anything about it. As well as Miram (Pam Ferris) who spoke about seeing an increase in miscarriages. Of course, I loved Clive Owen. Quite grim and cynical in parts, but superbly shot. I'll likely get to reading this next year---I'm in the midst of writing. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by miss carol on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oatmealblizzard
GLONO Board Playa

Postby oatmealblizzard » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Its sir. And you are welcome.

Return to “Rants and Raves”