Four years ago...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Charli » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:09 am

Josh B. wrote:The first night of my honeymoon was spent watching those dreadful returns come in. Talk about a mood killer.

And the next morning watching Kerry concede. Oh man. And no bar open nearby our little hotel in Galena. What a dreadful way to spend it. I still want a redo.

haha

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 am

I still want a redo.

Josh B gettin' lucky tonight!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Re: Four years ago...

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:29 am

Jake wrote:Boy, was I mad.

I have forgiven you, America.

But I'm still pissed at Arizona, Arkansas, California, and Florida for their anti-queer ballot initiatives. WTF? Especially Ark: no adoption? Fuck you, bigots!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:52 am

Also: the kids are alright again. 18-29 year olds went 66% - 32% for Obama. That's more like it.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:43 pm

Jake wrote:I have forgiven you, America.

I'm still struggling with that one. It continues to baffle me how anyone with a working brain in 2004 could think 4 more years of Bush was a good idea. Dumb shits - what were you all thinking?!

[/rant]

Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Postby Dreamin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Jake wrote:I'm still pissed at Arizona, Arkansas, California, and Florida for their anti-queer ballot initiatives. WTF? Especially Ark: no adoption? Fuck you, bigots!

Totally. Very sad.

LionIndex
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby LionIndex » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Luckily, at least in California's case, it's quite obvious that all that's needed to change the constitution is a 50% vote. So, I expect that prop 8 will get flipped over in a couple years.

However, the campaign for 8 was truly despicable and omnipresent. I saw ads for it plastered over just about every website I went to, including this one (I blame adsense or whatever, not you, Jake et al), and the ads were completely full of bullshit. One thing about the people backing the proposition is that they don't really have to be honest about anything and they'll do whatever it takes to win, so they resorted to blatant scare tactics, including saying that we'd be teaching gay marriage in schools, which is ridiculous on multiple levels.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:
I'm still struggling with that one. It continues to baffle me how anyone with a working brain in 2004 could think 4 more years of Bush was a good idea. Dumb shits - what were you all thinking?!

[/rant]

Even stranger than that is by looking at the popular election results, there had to have been a section of people that voted both for Obama in 08 in Bush in 2004.

What is the mental process that goes from voting for god, gays, and "terr" to four years later supporting Obama? Did 10 percent of the population do some serious self-reflection? Or are they just sheep? (don't answer that one)

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:51 pm

steve-o wrote:
Even stranger than that is by looking at the popular election results, there had to have been a section of people that voted both for Obama in 08 in Bush in 2004.

What is the mental process that goes from voting for god, gays, and "terr" to four years later supporting Obama? Did 10 percent of the population do some serious self-reflection? Or are they just sheep? (don't answer that one)

ahem, it's the economy, "stupid." :)

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:02 pm

let's not forget that kerry wasn't that great of a candidate.

Return to “Rants and Raves”