What's Worth Your Hard-Earned Dough?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Rikki Lixx wrote:Got this for $49.95 with my fireworks discount coupon. Good deal.
THIS IS NOT FOR YOU “GIRLY MEN,” BUT FOR THE REAL MEN! HUGE ALTERNATING BURSTS OF SILVER TO RED, SILVER TO GREEN, SILVER TO BLUE AND SILVER TO PURPLE. YOU WON’T BELIEVE THE VOLLEY OF HUGE GOLD BROCADES IN THE END! THIS IS THE BIGGEST, BADDEST MUTHA ON THE ROAD!

Can we hang out this weekend? I'll bring the Winstons and the Miller Lite.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:01 am

Hmm, I recently got Lowen & Navarro's latest, and bought the Out Of The Loop DVD (which gives a great snapshot of the mid-90's Chicago music scene, including great Veruca Salt footage, Wesley Willis Fiasco, Jesus Lizard, Triple Fast Action, tons of Albini... Dero AND Bill Wyman, Touch & Go, Skippy McFadden of March Recs... this thing is LOADED!!).

Next, I want to get the Criterion DVD of Dazed & Confused; I'm feeling nostalgic for that little slice of nostalgia. Also, there's a great 4CD Philly soul box set I still need to get, as well as the 4CD Chess Blues box I've been jonesing for all of these years........... Me? Procrastinate? Naaaah!!

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Bought a MacBook Pro, and am trying to figure out the best way to connect my guitar to it.

And I'm planning to get the new Wilco CD. Reviews appreciated!

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 pm

i just got the new wilco as well. hope it's better than the last one. the last one didn't do a whole lot for me.

Return to “Rants and Raves”