Is Peter Tosh’s Popularity Waning?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

rocketman83

Is Peter Tosh’s Popularity Waning?

Postby rocketman83 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Is Peter Tosh loosing relevance to the reggae genre? On Sunday, The Jamaica Observer reported that internet searches for Peter are on the decline, compared to the last few years. Tosh had previously held a strong second place (behind Bob) in searches for popular reggae musicians. It seems since April, Tosh has been outpaced by relative newcomers like Vybz Kartel and Mavado. In fact, Vybz Kartel is being searched for a significant 37% more than Tosh. Check out the article (link below) for a more detailed breakdown. I beg to differ with the auther. I suspect the decline in online popularity has a lot to do with the Tosh’s smaller online footprint. His official site isn’t much more than landing page at the moment (although it looks like a full site is set to launch soon) and his social network pages have just recently become active. Peter Tosh is an icon and a legend, and more relevant today than ever, I suspect.

What do you think? Is this a sign that the younger generation of reggae fans hold Tosh in less regard or is the new generation of artists better at using the internet to reach their audience?

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Ad
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Ad » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:1535

This makes my shortlist for best reply of the year.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Re: Is Peter Tosh’s Popularity Waning?

Postby Jake » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:20 pm

rocketman83 wrote:His official site isn’t much more than landing page at the moment (although it looks like a full site is set to launch soon) and his social network pages have just recently become active.

Gee, rocketman83, your user name wouldn't happen to suggest that you work for Rocket Science, Premier Label Services Engine, whose clients include Peter Tosh, would it?

If so, that might indicate that your post is actually...spam.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Gosh, I wonder what Peter thinks of all of this. Too bad we can't ask him.

But remember, you can't blame the youth of today...

Greenwood The Sock Monkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Re: Is Peter Tosh’s Popularity Waning?

Postby Greenwood The Sock Monkey » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:11 pm

Jake wrote:Gee, rocketman83, your user name wouldn't happen to suggest that you work for Rocket Science, Premier Label Services Engine, whose clients include Peter Tosh, would it?

If so, that might indicate that your post is actually...spam.

My nominee for "most obvious street teamer of 2009".

Let's try to guess what the "83" stands for. 83 hits this year on the Peter Tosh website?

stickman45
Cocksmith

Postby stickman45 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:58 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:1535

Sven gave me an inappropriate Giggle Boner.

My co-workers are less than enthused and less than impressed:-(

Return to “Rants and Raves”