Titus Andronicus Tour Diary

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Titus Andronicus Tour Diary

Postby Jake » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:55 am

Amy Klein from Titus Andronicus has been keeping a tour diary. I'm pissed that I didn't find out about it until Day 23. It's awesome:

http://amyandronicus.tumblr.com/

Here's an excerpt to show you her writing chops and hopefully encorage you to click through:

Dinner with an old friend, T., at a Thai restaurant does nothing to cure my stomach ache. The conversation is great—so great that I forget about taking it easy on my tummy, and I end up devouring a curry puff, a plate of garlic eggplant and a heaping portion of noodles that I definitely should not have devoured. Stepping out on stage, I feel strangely hot and cold at the same time. My stomach is churning and I am wondering whether I will make it through the show without vomiting on my friend T.’s head.

With the stage spinning around me, I imagine that I am running a long distance triathlon consisting of guitar playing, violin-ing, and dancing. I put all the energy I have towards the race. Recalling my childhood swim meets at the town pool, I can almost hear the sound of the white-suited official’s imaginary gun fire at the first note of each song, and then comes me shooting out after it like I’m that bullet spinning into the air.

Midway through the set, I accidentally unplug my pedals by kicking one of the power cords out of the wall, and I don’t realize that I’ve done it, but suddenly, there it is: I’m not making any sound any more. My brain lets out a gigantic, “Uh oh,” and I feel like I’ve just choked, swallowed water, and now I’m sinking slowly down to the bottom of the pool. As I am trying to find out what is wrong, all the nausea I have forgotten comes back, and I don’t think I can keep on playing.

Just when you thought this band couldn't get any cooler...

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Totally agree Jake, thanks for that - her posts are great, and they even come in RSS flavor.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Here's the band she talks about in her latest post:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bwsanw4ZCeU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bwsanw4ZCeU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:51 pm

I really am enjoying Amy Klein's writing, but when I read a blog post about reflecting on aging at the ripe old age of 26 I want to jab myself in the eyes with knitting needles*

For those of you under 26, that's an old-school SNL Michael O'Donoghue reference, and thanks for playing

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:57 pm

jonas wrote:I really am enjoying Amy Klein's writing, but when I read a blog post about reflecting on aging at the ripe old age of 26 I want to jab myself in the eyes with knitting needles*

For those of you under 26, that's an old-school SNL Michael O'Donoghue reference, and thanks for playing

Aw, that's adorable!*
Reminds me of a conversation I had with a neighbor this past weekend about how I shouldn't get a cat because "They live forever! You'll be, like 35 when they die!" Yeah...

*To clarify, adorable the way Pomplamoose is adorable.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Re: Titus Andronicus Tour Diary

Postby jonas » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Amy has left Titus Andronicus, amicably. I'm having trouble enjoying her solo stuff, so that may be the end of THAT relationship. :(

Return to “Rants and Raves”