What's on your Heavy Rotation list?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Lep wrote:Я тот, как вы ему, как вы нам, и мы все вместе.

См. как их побежать как свиньи от пушки.

Lately I've been listening to best-of-year lists like Paste, Pitchfork and Indie Music Filter, so no heavy rotations here.

Little Timmy
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Little Timmy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:46 am

Everything by Portugal. The Man, especially their most recent albums (American Ghetto and The Satanic Satanist). I just learned a few days ago that the band was formed in Wasilla, AK (yes, the hometown of one whose name shall go unmentioned). "When The War Ends" is the grooviest song ever.

avikalove

Где на&

Postby avikalove » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Здравствуйте! Подскажите пожалуйста, где можно найти видео на тему "женская обувь 33 размера" ?

Буду благодарна за помощь. С Уважением Вика.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Re: Где на

Postby jonas » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 am

avikalove wrote:Здравствуйте! Подскажите пожалуйста, где можно найти видео на тему "женская обувь 33 размера" ?

Буду благодарна за помощь. С Уважением Вика.

Okay, now this is getting kinky. We should either post the Rex Ryan video or just ignore these crazy Russians.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:09 am

Got Dinosaur Jr.'s "The Farm" for Christmas and finally gave it a listen. Wow. And this on top of "Beyond," which I also think is pretty great. Has there been another band that reformed and went on to record new music this vital and good? If so, who? I wanna hear it!

Other Christmas booty:
Teenage Fanclub - "Shadows": Another winner, even better than their last album "Man-Made."
Bruce Springsteen - "The Promise": I got the two-disc edition of the unreleased material rather than the $120 "Darkness on the Edge of Town" extravaganza, and I'm really impressed. The guy was cranking out great songs at the time. I can see how many of them didn't fit the tone on "Darkness," but the quality is definitely high.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:22 pm

I recently picked up and having been listening non-stop Superchunk's No Pocky For Kitty and On the Mouth remasters. Fuck, what a great band.

But both of those were sidelined about a week ago when I got The National's High Violet. I have never, ever been a fan of the National, but this album is worth every bit of hype it received. It's been a long time since I have come across a disc that I can sit down with the headphones on and pick apart all the instrumentation, lyrics, etc. And some of the lyrics are just so Cohen-esque:

"Minor singing airheads sing for me." Frickin' brilliant.

R1zbear

Postby R1zbear » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:40 pm

3 Jonathan Richman
3 Echo & The Bunnymen
3 Rockpile

jaimoe0

Postby jaimoe0 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:04 pm

R1zbear wrote:3 Jonathan Richman
3 Echo & The Bunnymen
3 Rockpile

I would listen to all of these, RIGHT NOW, if I could. How come nobody ever talks about Rockpile or how great they were?

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:12 am

The Decemberists - The King Is Dead

Took a while for me to dig this, but digging it I am.

jaimoe0

Postby jaimoe0 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:55 am

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:The Decemberists - The King Is Dead

Took a while for me to dig this, but digging it I am.

I was talking to our music writer yesterday, and he had exactly the same reaction, but said that's normal for him with the Decemberists. I'm waiting for my daughter to get it.

Return to “Rants and Raves”