Kate Bush and James Joyce: together at last!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Kate Bush and James Joyce: together at last!

Postby miss carol » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:27 pm

According to the Guardian, Kate has new/reworked record due out.

<object width="500" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5UsjqXXcZ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5UsjqXXcZ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="390"></embed></object>

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Huh. I have all sorts of thoughts about that. The end of Molly Bloom's soliloquy is pretty sexy, but there's a thorn in it:

"I was a flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes."

Which all comes at the end of a long passage in which she ruminates on, among other things, cheating on him with a dude named 'Blazes'. Hopefully Kate can make something of all this.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Dammit, can someone undo that page wrap for me?

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:39 pm

jonas wrote:"I was a flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes."

Sigh, my first reference for that quote was Back to School. Thanks for rotting my brain, TV!

Return to “Rants and Raves”