Where to get music news?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Where to get music news?

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:58 am

Wondering where (on the intertoobs) you's are getting your music news.

I miss rock and roll. Unfortunately, when it comes to music news I have to wade through a flood of twee and other shallow genres to find the nuggets of info that pertain to what I would call "real rock n roll" music. That's why I hate pitchfork... too much of too much.

I don't care what Kanye did last friday night. I don't give a rats arse about Zoe Dechanel's latest single. Or whatever the next vapid band is from new york that uses a tape track for a rhythm section.

I remember when rock was so big I ignored most of it and only cared about the "alternative."

Where to go for Rock news? Where do you, the last of the true believers, go?

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Well it USED to be here!

Now I've given up music news.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:42 am

jonas wrote:Well it USED to be here!

Now I've given up music news.

Ditto. But I empathize, Sugarcubes. I miss GloNo and have found no worthy substitute yet.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Not to intentionally lead you guys away, but http://www.twentyfourbit.com/ covers a lot of stuff I'm interested in. Not a ton of editorial, but they do a good job of filtering the music news to the good stuff.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:
Ditto. But I empathize, Sugarcubes. I miss GloNo and have found no worthy substitute yet.

Same here. I go with friends' recommendations as usual, but as for news, I occasionally look at Exclaim. One of my former authors is an editor there, too. I also listen to
BBC 6.

Return to “Rants and Raves”