The almost-goodbye-to-Glono what are you listening to thread

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Re: The almost-goodbye-to-Glono what are you listening to th

Postby steve-o » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:14 pm

I'm really mad at you guys for not turning me on to Yo La Tengo a lot earlier. How could this happen?! I picked up a copy of I Can Hear The Heart Beating as One in a thrift store and I haven't stopped listening to it since.

What else I've been listening to on my summer vacation:
Beach House Teen Dream
M83 Hurry Up We're Dreaming
Yuck

And yeah, I've also been revisiting Nick Cave's discography since I picked up newly remastered versions of Henry's Dream and The Good Son. The man can do no wrong. Okay, actually he can, but I'm just making a point here.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:08 pm

steve-o wrote:And yeah, I've also been revisiting Nick Cave's discography since I picked up newly remastered versions of Henry's Dream and The Good Son. The man can do no wrong. Okay, actually he can, but I'm just making a point here.

Funny, I had probably 15 or 20 NC songs from 7 or 8 random albums, but a few months ago I started back-filling and buying the whole CDs. I just bought Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus last week and have been listening to it at full volume and non stop...and wtf, how amazing it is.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:48 pm

jonas wrote:Funny, I had probably 15 or 20 NC songs from 7 or 8 random albums, but a few months ago I started back-filling and buying the whole CDs. I just bought Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus last week and have been listening to it at full volume and non stop...and wtf, how amazing it is.

A friend who very charitably offers to drive me around since I've gone carless has Abbattoir Blues in his CD player pretty regularly, and I ask about it everytime I hear it. I really need to pick it up, because everything I've heard is damn good.

Return to “Rants and Raves”