The Weezer Cruise!!!!!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

The Weezer Cruise!!!!!

Postby jonas » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:10 pm

http://www.theweezercruise.com/

Who's in??? Four of my favorite acts will be there!!:
Dinosaur Jr.
J. Mascis
Sebadoh
Lou Barlow

Hey. Wait.

Anyway, this just makes me want to create my own options because I don't really want to see Weezer. Why not a Wilco cruise back and forth across Lake Michigan instead? Pick your own supporting local acts.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Re: The Weezer Cruise!!!!!

Postby Jake » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:55 am

I think this sounds like a lot of fun. Dorky fun. But still.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:47 pm

at first I thought this was a bad idea. but I keep finding myself thinking about it.

tickets for 1 in a shared 4 person interior cabin (ie. no windows) cost $499, plus $179 in taxes and fees. cruise includes meals. but NOT alcohol drinks!!! This is important to keep in mind, as drinks onboard a cruise ship are at New York bar scene prices. (although, one can always bring a bottle of hootch onboard with them in their luggage, or go ashore on Cozumel and buy a duty free bottle or two to mix with your Diet Coke poolside back on the ship)

tickets (w reserved seating) for any of the 4 onboard Weezer shows is extra. I think $30-$50 per person. they play two evening and two mid day shows during the curise. all the other 2 dozen or so bands on the cruise play for free.

airfare from Chicago or Detroit Metro to Miami is pretty cheap right now. and if you book the right arrival/departure flights through Miama you can do the entire trip w/o spending extra days/nights in Miami.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Was that a subtle invitation?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:26 am

i am neither endorsing nor inviting. just laying the facts out there.... in case a hoard of GloNo peeps might want to band together and spend 4 days getting sunburned and hungover.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Apparently Google thinks we would be much more interested in the Backstreet Boys Cruise, judging from the ads I'm seeing on this page. I'm not sure whether that's funny or just insulting.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm waiting for the Ellen Degenerous cruise

Return to “Rants and Raves”