seperated at birth? American Idol

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

trainwreck
GLONO Board Pimp

seperated at birth? American Idol

Postby trainwreck » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:51 pm

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:03 pm

Aw, picking on Barry? Isn't that a little redundant? Jeff Sabatini wrote an article about Manilow back in the day: Props To My O.G. (Original Geek). (Funny comments in that one.)

trainwreck
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby trainwreck » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:19 pm

I watched American Idols last night and the songs were HORRID... The vocals were better than usual for everyone but the songs were just so bad (except for the redheaded kid doing Mandy poorly)
Manilow is just bad stuff.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:24 pm

Yeah, I saw that too. Even my man George sounded castrated. I'll admit I like some Manilow classics. But they weren't being performed last night on Idol. Boo. My girl Fantasia rocked the house with her churchy version of whatever song that was. And homegirl Jennifer Hudson sounded great on whatever trifle of a ballad she belted out. She rocks.

You kinda gotta love this guy though:
Don't you?
Last edited by Jake on Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trainwreck
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby trainwreck » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:28 pm

Fantasia was the only good one due to the nature of the songs...If she doesnt win Ill be severely disappointed, shes the bets performer there...

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:32 pm

I voted for her about 20 times.

NickL
GLONO Board Playa

Postby NickL » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:36 pm

Barry Manilow said he wrote a song in his dreams. That was the highlight of the show.

Alias

Postby Alias » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:47 pm

American Idol bashing, ooh, ooh Me! Me!

Fantasia is the worst singer on the show, she was so annoying, I had no idea Gospel music is the new pop and not to mention Day Care 101, like how tacky was it to bring her Cabbage Patch kid on stage...I understand that supposedly black people are the best singers, but does the show have to get ghetto...like Manilow said, "what language is that"

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:52 pm

Man, if I were to do another Wildly Inappropriate Guest Post thread (http://www.gloriousnoise.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1155&highlight=wildly+inappropriate), Alias would clean up. He/she has been on a roll the last couple weeks.

trainwreck
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby trainwreck » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:30 am

Funny thing is Fantasia is the best on that damn show! Seriously she can sing,no just in that crappy overdone diva melisma crap style, and she is a showperson...
who cares if she has a kid? I looked at the fox Idols site to see who got booted off and theres a ton of posts from people pissed about that.How busybody can people get to worry about that? I guess its people like Alias and the other "unregistered" types
as for Jennifer losing, Im speechless...their bottom 3 were the best of the group.

Return to “Rants and Raves”