American Idol 3

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

killyridols
Spammer

American Idol 3

Postby killyridols » Sun May 09, 2004 2:36 pm

So who out there watches it? I missed the last show because I was out of town and just found out (much to my dismay) that George was kicked off. I guess now it is down to Fantasia and La Toya :/

infectiousdisease
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby infectiousdisease » Sun May 09, 2004 5:19 pm

I haven't watched for a couple of weeks, but I'm a fan...and wow, sounds like it's an all girl show now. I picked Fantasia to win right at the beginning of the series, but my favourite is Diana, just because she has spunk!

trainwreck
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby trainwreck » Mon May 10, 2004 9:45 am

Diana needs to win...Shes good enough, and the more non beanpole types that make it into fame the better (even though they made sure Kelly Clarkson got skinny before she made records didnt they)
besides that Fantasia and LaToya are pretty much guaranteed a contract already. I predict that win or lose LaToya will have a generic forgettable R&B hit within a year

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon May 10, 2004 10:00 am

LaToya=Toni Braxton. Totally.

I still want Fantasia to win, and I really hope she gets to make a record that's highly influenced by the new-soul movement.

By the way, killyridols, here's a link to previous Idol conversation.

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Charli » Mon May 10, 2004 1:31 pm

In my opinion, Fantasia is annoying as all hell.

She's too screechy and her personality is too "look at me, look at me", there's nothing subtle about her at all. Or at least not in a good way.

I just never cared for her.

Now La Toya I like. I've been rooting for her all along. Or Diana. Diana is damn good for a 15 yr old.

Postby Guest » Mon May 10, 2004 7:34 pm

I'm kind of rooting for Diana because she seems to be the underdog, and Jasmine doesn't really have a chance. It would definitely make things more interesting if she made it to the top 2 instead of one of the predicatable, but talented La Toya and Fantasia.

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Mon May 10, 2004 9:17 pm

I'm hoping against hope for a Jennifer Hudson comeback. Come on Fox, you know you love to change the rules in reality shows at the last second.

And I can't wait for the crazy googlers to show up on this thread.

killyridols
Spammer

Postby killyridols » Tue May 11, 2004 2:18 am

Well, we all seem to have different tastes, which is all good. Keeps things interesting. I hope the debate continues this week after the show. Also, and this would appeal to everyone here.... I found a way to get advanced sale tickets starting next Monday, 5 days before they go on sale otherwise, to the Live Tour this summer. Go to http://www.poptarts.com/promotions/popt ... _main.html I am definitely going to the one in Anaheim to see George and JP in action.

killyridols
Spammer

Disco

Postby killyridols » Wed May 12, 2004 6:04 pm

Did anyone watch the Disco show last night? I personally can't stand Disco but it was an interesting show overall.

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Wed May 12, 2004 9:04 pm

oh my god that psychic should be the next American Idol I haven't laughed this hard in a long time

Return to “Rants and Raves”