American Idols redux

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

American Idols redux

Postby trainwreck2 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:46 am

why do i watch this again? i want to hate this show but again I watch
the singers are better this year, except that blonde dude. so far I noticed a little less edwin mccain but theres still too much mariah carey wannabe thrown in. theyve even got 2 "rockers" and a rocker wannabe (I can make my hair LOOK like a mohawk) thrown in
why do i keep watching?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Re: American Idols redux

Postby Jake » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:56 am

trainwreck2 wrote:why do i keep watching?

Because it's awesome.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:35 am

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:01 pm

Ive actually grown to almost respect Simon as a voice on the show...he tells it like it is regardless of what people think, he doesnt sugar-coat (if these people need that then why are they in a competition)
that said i cant wait til that blonde dude is out, hes forgettable and a weak voice and the only one who really doesnt seem to stand a chance of winning.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:45 am

why did that dude do Freebird (impossible song to seriously play unless youre Lynyrd Skynrd 20+ years ago)and why did the judges applaud it?
Why is that blonde twerp still on there?
why was Scott Ian from Anthrax in the audience and why didnt they ask for his opinion?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:03 am

The judges are idiots. Seriously. They gave Nadia shit for singing a song that not everyone in the world knew and was sick of already? Why don't they just limit everyone to singing exclusively Motown hits? Would that make them happy?

And that "Freebird" was stupid. And what was Simon saying about it being "sacred" song or some shit? Was he high?

And how about the ultra-dramatic lighting and cinematography for douchebag's Queen cover? Doesn't it seem a little unfair for the producers/directors to shoot one performer's song so dramatically when they just give other peformers a static three-camera setup? I call bullshit. Gotta admit, though, he did a good (albeit cheesy, but hey it's Queen) job on the song.

I wish that creepy wife-beater could've hit the low notes on the Hall & Oates song. I love that song. And I'd love that dude to win just because he's so fucking spooky.

My faves are still (not in order) Nadia, Anwar, and Carrie. Although Anwar has been pretty lame for the past several weeks.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:45 pm

first Ive heard about the ugly dudes past.. why is he still on when they kicked out that one dude a few years ago? Is the baseball players son gonna get another reprieve?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:45 pm

Who votes for the fat ass wife beater, anyway? Who the fuck wants to watch someone so creepy looking when the dude can't even fucking sing?

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:41 pm

How about Seacrest openly hitting on Anwar with that,"Obviously you find time to go to the gym" remark.
Nadia kicks ass when she rocks! If she's not voted off this week I wanna hear her do Twisted Sister "We're Not Gonna Take It"!
Keep an ear out for Kung Fu Vonzel's fracturing of the english language, "It's really nerve wrecking."

Who'd win in a fight in order of finish....
1) Vonzell
2) Fat Wife Beater
3) Nadia
4) Bo
5) farmer's daughter
6)Constantine
7) kid with hole in neck
8) Anwar

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:42 pm

Oh man, I love the first 3 episodes where they have all the awful singers sing, goddamn I love that. All the untalented people who are in tears after that dick Simon berates them, man I love that. Simon's cool just cause he's such a dick.

Return to “Rants and Raves”