Best albums of last year?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

fender

Best albums of last year?

Postby fender » Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:10 am

Well I thought last year was a good year for music. All you who didn't think so should get some of the albums I'm about to tell you about. Coming in at number 5.. is the return to form of Beck (I'm a big fan of his, but didn't like 'Midnight Vultures'), I like 'Sea Change' if you don't get it at first, a few plays and you will.
Now for number 4.. 'Holes in the Wall' by The Electric Soft Parade, if you've not heard this band you must. Its the best debut album I have heard in years, there's not one bad song on the album and they remind me of blur now that can't be bad can it…. Number 3...Well this is not a new album but it was for me 'After The Gold Rush' by Neil Young, its Neil Young at his best. At number 2 and my second best album of last year..Its 'The Kiss of Morning', I think its Graham's best album so far, I've had it playing non-stop since I got it and it gets better with every play. It deserves to be heard by a lot more people than it has so far, but in a world where through away pop is all the rage I think its not going to happen. Well they don't know what they're missing. And now to my number 1 album of the year..Drum roll.... It has to be Wilco with 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot', its a masterpiece, get the album and I promise you you'll be blown away. Jeff Tweedy is at his best lyrically, and his voice is like another instrument. It's an emotional album that will have you laughing and crying just how it should be with music. I'm very hard to please when I listen to albums for the first time, but as soon as I heard YHF I loved it, do yourself a favor and buy it, you'll thank me for it.
Most disappointing album of the year my vote goes to Idlewild's 'The Remote Part'..
If you have a spare 5 minute give my site a visit.. http://www.grahamcoxon.com

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:40 am

This conversation should take place here: http://www.gloriousnoise.com/arch/000725.php

Return to “Rants and Raves”