Hot Snakes

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby ryanking » Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:14 pm

Has anyone else been entertained by the recordings of Hot Snakes? I am so entertained, on the first three or four listens, that it's scaring me. And I love their name and I want to sing it from the treetops. Do you guys like Hot Snakes? What can you tell me about them?

This is everything I know about them:
1) they rock, hard;
2) the guy, John Reis, came from Rocket from the Crypt (a band I've never heard) and Drive Like Jehu (whose CD I just bought at the same time as Hot Snakes, last weekend)
3) there was a thing about them in Chunklet magazine (which i bought when I bought Drive Like Jehu and Hot Snakes) which the gist of the article is, they rock, hard.
4) buddyhead.com likes them a lot;
5) they're playing at a Knights of Columbus Hall in, I think, Wayne, MI, with a whole ton of independent rock music bands such as Dismemberment Plan. In March. Some promoter rented out a K of C hall for a real down home rock music show and I'm stoked as hell.

What do you guys think about these guys?

Return to “Rants and Raves”