The American Idol 5 Thread

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

The American Idol 5 Thread

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:11 pm

Okay, here's where we'll post our thoughts on the latest season of American Idol...

So far, I have three favorites: Paris Bennett (the awesome little soul star!), Kellie Pickler (the nice Southern girl whose dad's in jail), and Taylor Hicks (the awesome grey-haired, soul man -- he seems like he'd know my friends in New Orleans, no shit). I also think I like Katherine McPhee, but I'll have to wait and see more.

I don't yet actively hate anyone, but Brenna Gathers is pretty annoying. But that might end up being fun. We'll see.

I called about 100 times last night to vote for Taylor Hicks, but I only got through once! I hope that's a good sign. I didn't vote for any of the girls because I didn't watch Tuesday's show on my Tivo until yesterday.

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:44 pm

yesterday was the first time i ever watched american idol. no shit. the wife and i had a dinner guest over and the both of them tuned in... i've always ignored it. i thought it was entertaining enough. though, i can't say i know anyone's names. the white haired guy that jake is ga-ga over was pretty cool. he was really into it. defintiely had a joe cocker thing. though, i didn't think he was the best singer. great entertainer though. i did dig the amish guy with bad teeth that did the stevie wonder song. sort of a young shane mcgowan with soul and no drinking problem. he really sang the hell out of his song. my favorite was the giant teenager that did the barry manilow song. i was thoughrougly entertained. of course, i know he wont make it to the next round... not a great voice and no matinee idol looks. at the same time, man, i got a kick out of the guy... he totally played to the crowd. if i was stuck at some dinner theater rivival of cabaret, i'd want to be entertained by this guy as i was shoveling the mealoff into me. there was one guy that brian seacrest basically dry humped... long hair, sprakling eyes, they said he had the "it factor", which means he's good looking enough that it doesn't matter if he can sing or enterntain, so he'll probably make it to the top of the show, right? overall, i had a pretty good time watching it. though, i'm not sure i can committ that much time to catching it two times a week. plus, my wife buys into all that access hollywood and dancing with the stars stuff. i gotta find a balance somewhere. i need my tv time filled with crime dramas and classic films from turner classics.

stickman45
Cocksmith

Postby stickman45 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:50 pm

vitas wrote: the white haired guy that jake is ga-ga over was pretty cool.

You're gonna have to narrow that down a bit.

stickman45
Cocksmith

Postby stickman45 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:55 pm

http://www.yuppiepunk.org/2006/02/if-gg ... -idol.html

If GG Allin Were On 'American Idol'

Ryan Seacrest: Ladies and gentlemen, that was GG Allin doing his rendition of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts." Let's see what the judges had to say about his performance.

Randy: Yo dawg, you can really blow. I was like, "Yeah, a'ight." You did your thing, dawg. You were a little pitchy in the verses, but once you got that mic stand into your ass, I gotta admit, I stopped paying attention to your singing. That was amazing dude. Rock on.

GG: Fuck you faggot. Suck my puss-infected cock.

Paula: I like you GG, I really do. Your shaved head is absolutely adorable. You're like the shining light inside my heart. Stick to what you do best. You're an amazing performer and this is all part of your journey. Good job.

GG: Is putting my cock up your ass part of my journey too, bitch?

Simon: I get the feeling you're a little bit angry. Are you angry GG? May I be honest with you? I think this was the best performance of the show so far. You remind me of a young Clay Aiken.

GG: All you pretentious TV fucks can kiss my ass . Ryan, you better watch out, I'm gonna cut you! That tiny faggot tried to touch me backstage. GG, out.

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

AI

Postby russ » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:03 pm

I made this the other night for my Myspace page:

For the girls, Brenna and Stevie are getting the boot tonight..I hope.

For the boys, but the one to beat is Chris Daughtry, who is the shaved head guy..He kinda looks like a auto mechanic. He has the best voice....even though he sang Bon Jovi.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:27 pm

I think they should put the 6 retarded looking guys in a van for the first shameless plug Ford commercial and have them sing "Taking Retards To The Zoo" by the Dead Milkmen.
Paris Bennett put some stink on it! She da best!
The big fat mulatto who sang "Copacabanna" reminded me of a John Candy character from SCTV. I yukked until I wept openly.
It was a beautiful thing.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:10 am

Mandisa apparently got the boot because God hates fags. Or something.

Personally, I think that outfit did her in:

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu May 11, 2006 10:19 am

I'm so glad Creedgot the boot. I really loathe that style of singing.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:51 pm

i was expecting the elliot dude to get the axe...the creed guy is obnoxious and sings like a perfectly mainstream watered down "rocker" but that elliot guy...he annoys me because hes so bland i cant even remember why i dislike him.
when the paris gal left that proves this isnt based on talent here...that said GO TAYLOR! hahahaha
Elliot is off next week and its gonna be girl vs boy

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu May 11, 2006 5:06 pm

I am declaring this thread officially GHEY.

Return to “Rants and Raves”