American Idol

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

American Idol

Postby trainwreck2 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:33 am

well the worst of the singers Antonella is now gone, I was afraid shed stay for a while based on internet fame...but the whatsher name disney pop singer is still there...
As far as the guys go Im disappointed the baldy is there still but at the least that Sanjaya kid is still around, hes so totally weird that hell keep the competition fun
I think the true competition right now is still between LaKisha Melinda and Jordin and maybe Gina if she never chooses a song by Everescence again

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:06 am

I was sad to see Sabrina go. But whatever. I still haven't voted this year. And I'm not sure I really care about anybody enough yet to actually vote.

Jordin, Lakisha, Melinda and Stephanie obviously have the best voices out of everyone, but I don't really love any of them.

Personality- and charisma-wise, I'm surprised to be rooting for Blake with his beatboxing and general silliness. But I like him. And I also like the tubby Chris with glasses.

I'm hoping the next episodes make me care more. Because right now, I can barely give a shit.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:16 am

forgot about him, i just hate 311 but how could people in the biz not know that song?he does got skillz
Jake wrote:Personality- and charisma-wise, I'm surprised to be rooting for Blake with his beatboxing and general silliness.

also I forgot the most important lesson of the week
there are some songs that you just cant cover and Jeremy is one of them, especially if you have a weird hippy name

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:26 pm

This dashes America's hopes of the top ten performing a musical tribute to "Planet of the Apes" starring....

Antonella as Nova

Melinda as Dr. Zira

Sanjaya as Cornelius

and Sundance as a fat Charlton Heston

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:16 pm

last 2 nights-
Diana Ross destroyed a classic oldies song and not in the good way
LaKisha should get off the show and into a real studio now, its not fair to the others
Sanjaya is gone next week i predict, unless he goes crazy on one of the judges which he just might
Paula Abdul is crazy
being a cute girl overcomes forgetting lines, fir a guy it gets you gone

BloodshotBaby
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby BloodshotBaby » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:25 pm

tuesday was the first episode i've seen this season, and the only one i will see.

melinda should also drop the damn show and find herself a record contract. girl's got pipes.

for the purpose of antagonizing my little brother (who is devoted to american idol) i'm rooting for sanjaya...merely because votefortheworst.com endorses him.

cat153
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby cat153 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Well we could combine with this the songs from bands you listen to who sold their songs for commerical use threat as well.

What did everyone think about the 'Float On' American Idol ford commercial? I was shocked...though it was so cheesy that it might have been ironic. Though I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant that way.

At any rate, my gf got me hooked on the show (I had been an avoider for years) and I love it now. I'm getting soft in my old age.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:41 am

who are predicting out?
gina the rocker was boring
creepy bald guy
chris sligh was just bad and needs to go
the other chris is getting boring and he mangled Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying (how does simon not know that song?) but I think he was liked...
Id like to have seen one of the soul singers attempt To Sir With Love...too bad Lulu was the guest for that show(for that reason alone)...
the good or at least funny stuff
freaky crying girl (planted or not) and sanjaya rocking out like he just doesnt care anymore
time of the season ill admit was good

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:05 am

Stephanie,,,out
she was good but she had stylistic competition with 3 better singers with personalities
how can Lulu mangle her own song so badly last night? I winced at the awfulness. her voice was in good form but the phrasing and extra crap made it cheest "cabaret" as Simon says

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:51 pm

So I finally voted last night. A few times for Melinda and a bunch of times for Blake. I barely got any busy signals on Blake which is not a very good sign. I like that kid though.

It sucks that dialidol has Jordin in the bottom 3. Yipes. I love that girl. She's gotta make it to at least the final four...

Return to “Rants and Raves”