Sales

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

tongue-tied lightning
GLONO Board Playa

Postby tongue-tied lightning » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:12 pm

hmm, so people are still buying cd's ?

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:53 pm

thinsafetypin wrote:i've never been able to get into the strokes, but i actually kinda like what i've heard of the albert hammond jr. record.

I've really been digging this, too. It's Strokes-lite, with no overt rockers (Reptilia, etc.) but it makes for great listening and the songs are catchy as hell.

I wonder if the dearth in sales has anything to do with the album coming out so long after the leak... I'm amazed it's only debuting this week, people I know have had it since November.

Either way, it's mellow and I think will eventually catch on.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:03 pm

amighty wrote:I wonder if the dearth in sales has anything to do with the album coming out so long after the leak...

That didn't seem to affect the Shins.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:36 pm

Apparently not, but they have more of an established fan base to draw upon. Hammond, while a Stroke, does not have the same kind of name recognition or drawing power.

I am actually a pretty big believer in leaks helping album sales, as there are still a lot more people who don't pirate music than do. Give it time, tho.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:I suggest Iha and D'arcy partner up with Scott Stapp, Wes Borland and a drum machine.

They can call themselves "Felt Six-Shooter.

Just saw the mugshot of D'Arcy from her recent arrest. Too sad to link to, but if you care enough you can find it.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:39 am

I was thinking about Iha just last night... the Pumpkins B-side "...Said Sadly" is just as amazing as anything on the Mellon Collie album, and it was an Iha composition! I haven't heard enough good things about Iha's solo album to get it, but I'm still quite curious... sometimes I miss the '90s, at least musically.

Return to “Rants and Raves”