Why should I care about the National?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jake
GLONO Team Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Why should I care about the National?

Postby Jake » Wed May 16, 2007 10:52 am

I haven't even bothered to download a song by the National. They get a lot of run from the bloggaz, which is a turn-off for me. But the one thing I know about them is that they opened up for Clap Your Hands Say Yawn and (from what I hear) blew them the fuck off the stage. Which I like.

So, indie geeks, it's up to you to convince me to give them a listen. As it is, I have plenty of music already that hasn't gotten nearly the attention it deserves. So why should I add this band to my playlist?

I await your replies...

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed May 16, 2007 11:42 am

I have the new album and you won't like it. Believe me.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Wed May 16, 2007 11:57 am

Hmm. I sort of like The National. It depends on the song, really. I like the new album more than the first, definitely. But one thing I can tell you is they sound nothing like Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Take a listen to "Fake Empires," the first track on the new album.

Do you not like the album, Derek? Or do you just think it's something Jake wouldn't be into?

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed May 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed May 16, 2007 1:30 pm

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed May 16, 2007 2:07 pm

gdavis5446
GLONO Board Playa

Postby gdavis5446 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:00 pm

DavidMac
GLONO Board Playa

They are

Postby DavidMac » Wed May 16, 2007 10:47 pm

Chris G
Dotman

Re: They are

Postby Chris G » Thu May 17, 2007 6:32 am

Return to “Rants and Raves”