Four years ago...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: Four years ago...

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Did I call it or what? Ha!

sugarcubes forever wrote:
miss carol wrote:
I think this is why Senator McCain (I hope I have the neme right; he was on the Daily Show during the RNC) seems likable and agreeable.

He (McCain) was on the Daily show because he wants to be president in 2008 and there are almost no other republicans that could go on Stewarts show to read their party's talking points memo.

McCain isn't much better than GW or Cheney. If you look at his legislative record it's as appalling as any other right wing fuck in congress. The McCain/Feingold bill, for instance, was nothing more than an attempt to cut off financing to the Democratic party. Look at where he stands on Social Issues. He's right winger just like the rest of them. The trap is that people now compare him to GW on the left right scale and forget that he's still "right". If McCain were president you'd still get Anti Choice judges appointed, you'd still have the same neoCon foreign policy. You'd still have massive tax breaks to friends of the Reichpublican party. Etc. etc. etc. You're living in a fantasy world, just like all the people in California who voted for the Terminator.

When you elect Reichpublicans to congress or the executive branch you get their whole party, not just them.

Although, 4 years ago i was pushing John Edwards. I still think he could have beaten Bush in 04. By 08 his time had passed. I'm so proud that the Dems had the courage this time around to support Obama and to support Dean's 50 state strategy. (I was right on that one too) I've been waiting my whole life to see my party grow a set of balls. It finally happened.

sugarcubes forever wrote:I've been struggling with this since last tuesday. I was a rabid Dean Supporter and I hope that he becomes the next head of the Party. I think that now, looking back he might have been a better candidate than Kerry. What would you criticise him for? Beeing cooky? Unlike Kerry, Dean had a solid message on the War. Dean said from the beginning that it was WRONG. That it was a MISTAKE. That it was endangering everything we believe in. He is also a solid progressive/liberal, which really really motivates the left.

Ugh! I'm still pissed off.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Does this mean we ought to start taking your ranting a little more seriously from now?

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Jake wrote:Does this mean we ought to start taking your ranting a little more seriously from now?

I'll only take your ranting seriously if you walk around unwashed in ratty clothes wearing a sandwich board reading, "We're DOOMED! " You know, just like the boys in the financial district.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:03 am

Jake wrote:Does this mean we ought to start taking your ranting a little more seriously from now?

Yes!

I am now awaiting a call from Obama's transition team regarding a cabinet position. I think that my efforts at Bulletin Board ranting have earned me at least the Sec of State job.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:04 am

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:
Yes!

I am now awaiting a call from Obama's transition team regarding a cabinet position. I think that my efforts at Bulletin Board ranting have earned me at least the Sec of State job.

No way. You're no diplomat.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:44 am

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:I've been waiting my whole life to see my party grow a set of balls. It finally happened.

One year later: How do you feel those balls are hanging these days?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:26 am

Jake wrote:One year later: How do you feel those balls are hanging these days?

The party establishment (moderate and conservative Dems) haven't changed much. But the grassroots and the active base of the party is in much better shape than it was 8 years ago.

What people don't see when they watch the antics of Politicians on CNN and Faux News is the work going on in the party base, the people who do the leg work for campaigns. There's been a massive change in the base of the Democratic party over the last decade. I think that's a very good thing.

On top of that the RepubliTards have been reduced to a regional party of ideological extremists.

I think the only reason you don't see more progressive results in Congress is because of the amount of corporate and lobbying money pouring into washington and the State capitals. That's a fundamental political problem that spans both parties and won't change without something like a mandatory public campaign financing.

With a Democratic party run mostly by Moderates, I'm reasonably happy with how things are going today. Check back in 4 more years and we'll see how far we get.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:10 pm

I think it's funny in 2007 I started the same thread with the exact same language. Boy, was I mad!

I guess every year around this time I can't help but think of how fucking terrible the 2004 election was... Retraumatized.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:59 am

Jake wrote:I think it's funny in 2007 I started the same thread with the exact same language. Boy, was I mad!

I guess every year around this time I can't help but think of how fucking terrible the 2004 election was... Retraumatized.

I'm still with you on that. The re-election of W. absolutely shattered my faith in the American public.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Bump.

And now the right-wingers are feeling exactly how I felt. I almost feel sorry for them.

Return to “Rants and Raves”