American Idol 8

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

American Idol 8

Postby Jake » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:51 am

So...what'd you think? I like the new judge -- she's bitchy.

I had to bloop through a few of the auditions where I just felt too bad for the obviously mentally ill people to whom the judges and producers proffered no sympathy. But other than that, so far it seems just as good/bad as any of the previous seasons...

The only person who stuck in my memory is that extremely pretty little boy who makes horror movies. Oh, and the girl in the bikini, but she kinda sucked. And the giggly cowgirl but she didn't make the cut.

Previously: Season 7, Season 6 (also), Season 5, Season 4, Season 3 (also, and).

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby russ » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:00 pm

the pretty boy who makes horror movies was too cute to NOT make it to "Hollywood" and the blind kid at the end HAS to make it on the show...How can you not root for him?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Oh yeah, the blind guy. I liked him too. Did you catch Seacrest high-fiving him? Blind Dude left him hanging -- what a dick!

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:18 pm

I'm starting a charity called "Buy Some Tits For Bikini Girl," I'm not a fan of fake tits but those mosquito bites she has now are pathetic. I'm thinking just a nice B cup. I don't think her frame can handle a "C" right now, unless we raise enough money to take her to the Chinese boofay every day for a month.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Second night of auditions was pretty unremarkable. Trying hard to remember anybody... I liked the Memphis mom at the very end.

Also, it's fun to watch Paula and Kara interact with each other, both so clearly insecure and intimidated. Their body language and facial expressions are hilariously revealing. I think this angle might end up being the best part of the season.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:17 am

Charli wrote:I'm surprised it hasn't been started yet. Are you not watching this year?

Personally I'm finding this year more disturbing then the previous.

Any comments? The whole choosing format seems wonky and wrong.

And I really liked Meghan and I'm sad she was booted off last night. She had a Rickie Lee Jones thing going on.

Yeah, I guess we haven't updated it lately.

I agree that the new format is goofy for narrowing it down.

How do you like that Paul Stanley/Jonas Borther/Broadway dude? He cracks me up.

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Charli » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:55 am

Hate the new format. I feel like they aren't giving some people enough of a chance.

Already there's controversy brewing on the EW boards that there are no african american's chosen. Whatever. And I'm not thrilled that the third vote both weeks went to weak male singers. I mean the Kris Allen guy is ok, but the guy from last week should not be in there. He's a nice enough guy, but I can't even remember his name.

I actually dig Adam. He's fun to watch, and shakes things up a little. It's no longer white boy soul time. I know a lot of people don't like him but I'd rather have him then some boring dudes.

That girl Allison is really good, especially for her age. But I really really liked Megan. And I like Jesse as well. I like female vocals that don't sound like everyone else. I absolutely do not get why people like that girl Mishavonna. She does nothing for me at all. She's boring.

Kara's awesome. She actually makes sense. And strangely enough, she's made Paula step up her game this year. She's actually coming across intelligent for a change.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:19 pm

I'm a little pissed that Megan didn't make it through. She was good and fun.

I actually thought Mishavonna sounded good. But I don't really care.

So far, of the 6 people already in the Top 12, the only one I give a shit about is Danny Gokey. But that's just because I like him and his story. His voice is typical, good, white "soul singer" voice.

Adam's definitely entertaining. But I just can't get past his central casting look or his Paul Stanley voice (seriously). The other two dudes are totally forgettable and a waste of my tv-viewing time.

I'll wait to pass final judgement on the new format until I see the other 6 contestents who make it to the top 12. If it keeps going along these lines, I might stop watching. And this is from someone who's been watching (and voting!) since season 1. Boo.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Well, I'm glad that Megan made it. And I like Matt from Kalamazoo who tries hard to sound like Ray Charles.

So of the Top 13 (ha, what a trick!) here's who I like:

1. Lil Rounds (what a great f-ing name!)
2. Megan
3. Matt
4. Danny
5. Anoop

I only kinda hate one person so far: Kris Allen. Dude's a tool.

My prediction: it'll come down to Adam vs. Lil. And Adam will win, and that will make me angry.

So far, the only person who's inspired me to vote has been Lil. Lil Rounds! I love that name.

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Charli » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 pm

I wonder if this thread will just be a running commentary between only you and I this season Jake.

Anyways, I'm thrilled Megan made it in. Ask Josh, I almost jumped off the couch I was so happy. I totally love her.

Wasn't thrilled about Jasmine but don't really care, don't think Scott should be there either. Both are pretty lightweight and don't add anything to the competition(I'm convinced Scott is only in there due to the sympathy vote).

I was happy Matt made it, I think he's great to watch when he has the right songs to sing. Him and Megan and Danny are my three favorites. Oh and I like Alexis as well.

Return to “Rants and Raves”