My 2 1/2 year old is hipper than I am

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

My 2 1/2 year old is hipper than I am

Postby Jake » Sun May 24, 2009 3:54 pm

I've consciously tried to avoid too many "Goddamn, my kid is adorable!" posts around here, but this one is too funny. My kid digs Kraftwerk. This is his favorite video of the moment:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IcCubJEGRUU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed>

He calls it "Trains Robot Express." Personally, I've never gotten into Kraftwerk (like, at all). But we were goofing around on YouTube searching for train videos when we stumbled across this ten-minute compilation of "Trans-Europe Express" photos set to the Kraftwerk song. He'll sit still and watch the whole thing, mesmerized. And then says, "Trains Robot Express" in a robot voice.

If it's not loud enough, he says, "Hear it BIG!" Which I also love. Hear it BIG is so much better than Turn it up.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Sun May 24, 2009 7:20 pm

That's awesome. You heard the story about my daughter loving Ronnie Dawson's "Action Packed," but I just heard her new interpretation. She usually mirrors Dawson's enthusiastic "Hear me?! Action Packed!" verbatim, but yesterday, it was different. You see, I'm tired of "Action Packed" right now, and when I refused to play it, she became quite upset. She's my little princess and she usually gets what she wants from me, but I was listening to something else and wouldn't change the music. With a very sad and angry voice she muttered "I want 'Action Packed.' Hear me?!" complete with a nice, pouty bottom lip for emphasis as she glared at me while I watched from the rear view mirror.
[size=0]<object><param></param><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FDuIACAPWKQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/size]

Return to “Rants and Raves”