American Idol Season 10

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

American Idol Season 10

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:43 pm

So I've gotta say: I like the new judges. Steven "Fuck a duck and see what hatches" Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are both kooky like Paula, but even more narcissistic. It's a lot of fun to watch for the first time since Kara DeInsecurity joined the cast.

Haven't seen a ton of singers I'm blown away by yet, but who cares? It never ceases to amaze me how old ass Steven Tyler will openly gawk at and flirt with 15- and 16-year-old girls right there on television. He doesn't even try to be subtle or discreet about it. He is, after all, a rock star as the producers unrelentingly remind us.

Good tv. I've already bawled three times. (The art of editorial manipulation is what reality tv is all about: embrace it!)

Previously: Season 9, Season 8, Season 7, Season 6 (also), Season 5, Season 4, Season 3 (also, and).

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Ha, I was gonna post a thread asking how you liked AI10 because one of my friends was raving about Steven Tyler. Maybe I'll come back to watching this.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:31 pm

If I have to hear around my house one more time how darling Steven Tyler is as a judge, I'm gonna hurl. I like my Steven Tylers fucked up and playing with their mic scarves, thank you. Not trying to promote addiction, just saying I have kind of a fixed image of the man, and I don't much care for it being fucked with. Gah. Gonna go listen to "Draw the Line" tonight.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:29 am

If your idea of "darling" is lecherous, weird, and histrionic, then Judge Tyler is totally darling.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:15 pm

It sounds like jaim0e want Steven to be mad, bad, and dangerous to know. And it sounds like he's only getting 2 out of 3.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:56 pm

Oh, he definitely comes across as harmless. So much so that his leering and flirty is barely creepy.

jaimoe0

Postby jaimoe0 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:05 pm

I didn't find him to be particularly flirty. I mean, I think that's how he relates to people. Seemed pretty harmless. I wanted him to take a pull of jack and smoke a rock and sing "Mama Kin."

jaimoe0

Postby jaimoe0 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Watched first episode on DVR to quiet the rabble at home. It didn't work.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:06 pm

So...any thoughts on the Top 24?

My faves are Casey Abrams (obviously...dude looks like a horn player in an Elephant 6 band), Brett Loewenstern (even though his "Light My Fire" was kinda lame), Jacob Lusk (he's GOT to be a drag performer, right? Russ?), Lauren Turner (big New Orleans voice), and Paul McDonald (despite the Kenny Loggins look).

I didn't vote this round though.

No strong feelings of unbridled hate yet.

This is turning out to be my favorite season of Idol since before Kara ruined the show and turned it into a miserable chore to bloop through.

Return to “Rants and Raves”