Who's excited for some Homegrown?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: Who's excited for some Homegrown?

Post by DJMurphy »

There’s an interesting side story about that song “Florida”. My copy of the Tonight’s The Night LP is one of the earlier copies with an (almost) lustrously-flocked textured cover. But it’s missing one of the original inserts, which has on it a rather disturbing story that I hadn’t had a chance to read. I found an image online of that panel of the insert, took a screenshot of it, and saved it for later. A week later, I’m streaming Homegrown off the NYArchives website, and heard the haunting “Florida”, mentally filed it away. Then FINALLY I read the disturbing story on the TTN insert.

Sure enough, the text is the same as Neil’s spoken words of “Florida”. Weird, huh?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

Thanks for the reminder, Murph. I totally have that original insert but haven't looked at it in years!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

If you want to add some "bonus content" to your Homegrown playlist, these songs were all written or recorded around the same time:

Pardon My Heart (recorded 6/16/1974 at Broken Arrow Ranch, released on Zuma)
Through My Sails (6/17/1974 at Broken Arrow Ranch, released on Zuma)
Love Art Blues (8/29/1974 at Chicago Stadium, released on CSNY 74)
Pushed It Over the Edge (9/14/1974 at Wembley Stadium, released on CSNY 74)
Deep Forbidden Lake (12/13/1974 at Quadraphonic Studio, Nashville, released on Decade)
The Old Homestead (12/13/1974 at Quadraphonic Studio, Nashville, released on Hawks and Doves)
Give Me Strength (8/11/1976 at Indigo Ranch, Malibu, released on Hitchhiker)