WHERE'S THE FIRE????

A discussion area for issues about Glorious Noise: bug reports, feature requests, etc.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

WHERE'S THE FIRE????

Post by amighty »

OMG, I was so scared for you guys! OMG OMG OMG

Actually, this place has been like a ghost-town lately. I was half-expecting a flash-animated tumbleweed to go rolling across the page.

Maybe when the new Beastie Boys album comes out we can argue about it- otherwise I'll just wait for the OC to go into syndication.
DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

I'm just stunned how persistent those spammers are; I don't see the tumbleweeds being as much of a problem, but my God, that one person went to the trouble of signing up and saying she was from Deli! Where the fuck is Deli? I've heard of New Delhi, but not Deli.

And i didn't bother to follow the link; I could tell by hovering over it that it wasn't my flavor of kink. But hey, your mileage may vary...
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Re: WHERE'S THE FIRE????

Post by Jake »

amighty wrote:Actually, this place has been like a ghost-town lately. I was half-expecting a flash-animated tumbleweed to go rolling across the page.
We've been working on very big things! Stay tuned...
amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by amighty »

will do - what else do I have to do?
Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sven Killer Robot Spacema »

I have a bit of an emotional investment in this message board.
I was a little late on the whole infonet thing.
Other than a few daliances on some radio boards, GloNo has been about it for me. The question is "what puts arses in the seats" and do the people who run this board "really want arses n the seats".
Do the likes of Sven and Worpswede put arses in the seats or chase people away?
Whether or not Sven and Worpswede are the same person or different people isn't really the issue here. Do we need more Svens and Worpswedes or less?
I've scaledf back on my posts because I want to be worshipped for my posts here.
if people are not worshipping at the altar of Sven by heaping praise and glory on me I'll pack up my matchbox cars and go play with myself at home.
Simply put--I'm a delusional egomaniac.
I can only do what i can do to put arses in the seats.
The "make up your own heavy metal band" thread for instance.
Me n' Worpy(whether we are one person or two) were the only ones basically who got jiggy with that topic.
Does that mean
A) we're bad for GloNo
B) we're good gor GloNo but people read our shit and don't respond
c0 the society for the prevention of the society really wants the society to thrive not be prevented.

In conclusion these days it just don't pay to be a good old boy.
DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

Sigh, Sven Sven Sven (Worpy?)... I know for certain that you are indeed beloved by more than just myself (and your alter-egos Lita and Worpy). The fact of the matter is that your brand of surreal, absurdist whimsy and edgy thought provocation is NEEDED by this board. My wife is on iVillage, which from what I can gather is a bunch of wives who are comparing meat loaf recipes. Do you really think that they would tolerate, nay embrace the wild package that is Sven? NO!!! Not unless you had a novel variation on a tuna casserole recipe. You could regale them with legion stories of your time in the Italian army where you had to stand guard over that whorehouse, so that the Spaniards wouldn't defile the virginal (koff koff) Italian whores. Those iVillage would (pretend to be) shocked by that story, especially its legendary ending. Here at Glorious Noise, we not only loved that story, we begged you to tell us again about the time that you had to go head-to-head with Velvet Jones when he came to one of your girls' wrestling matches and tried to turn out your entire team. What a great epic tale that was, and how cool are you for living the life that you live. We love you, Sven, we really really do. We don't ever want you feeling that you'd get more love on the Mojo board or (shudder) the P-fork crowd. Heavens to berketroy NO!!! Those fuckers would just pay you lip service, blow smoke up your ass, and pat you on the head. Here, we pour you another shot of tequila and beg you for another story.

Don't ever leave us Sven, or think you're less than the Swedish god we all know you to be.
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

Sven, you drama queen - see, this is why I ousted you from Hurricane Dick. Or did you oust me? I forget.
worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede »

the horror.
Last edited by worpswede on Mon May 07, 2007 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
GLONO Board Maniac

I started drinking Stella Artois at 10:30AM for a nice day of fishing today.
(it was the only decent thing they had chilled but I was horrified to later find out it only got a 77 on beeradvocate.com)
After about 8 STELLAS and a 12 ounce glass of wine with lunch I
wrote that beautiful piece this morning.
I stand by it anyway. I think it's beautiful.
GLONO Board Maniac

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:I started drinking Stella Artois at 10:30AM EST for a nice day of fishing today.
(it was the only decent thing they had chilled but I was horrified to later find out it only got a 77 on beeradvocate.com)
After about 8 STELLAS and a 12 ounce glass of wine with lunch I
wrote that beautiful piece this morning.
I stand by it anyway. I think it's beautiful.